Holly Academy News & Views
February 7, 2020
Recently there has been a significant amount of conversation on "Parents Connect" regarding parking lot protocol and safety. Administration has also had several meetings with parents over the last few weeks concerning specific instances that have occurred that have been deemed as dangerous and/or unsettling. Last week we included our parking lot rules in the newsletter and we are adding a section to our website under "Current Families" that addresses drop off and pick-up rules and etiquette. We are asking that our Husky families take great care when navigating through the parking lot and pick-up and dismissal lanes so that all our Huskies (parents, staff, and students) are always safe. Power of the Pack!
Did You Know...
- We have 54 middle school students that are eligible to apply for National Junior Honor Society?
- Students are eligible for NJHS if they have only A's and B's and 1's and 2's in citizenship?
- At Holly Academy 6th grade students can apply after first semester, as well as 7th and 8th grade students?
- Some of our local middle schools do not accept students into NJHS until 8th grade?
Annual Education Report
Holly Academy's 2018-19 Annual Education Report is available on our website. You may also request a copy in the office. Power of the Pack!
Y5/K/1 "Meet & Greet"
Join our Pack! Please spread the word to your friends and colleagues that Holly Academy's open enrollment period is now through March 6th. Our Y5/K/1 "Meet & Greet" is on Monday, February 24th from 6:00pm-7:30pm. Prospective students and parents can come and meet the staff and discover what makes HA remarkable. #daretoberemarkable
Spelling Bee Winners
This week, Holly Academy students competed in our spelling bee. There were two divisions: 3rd - 5th grade and 6th - 8th grade. I am pleased to announce the winners of our spelling bee!
Elementary winner: Aria Guru 4th grade
Elementary runner-up: Juliet Rowen 4th grade
Middle school winner: Iris Bravender 7th grade
Middle school runner up: Olivia Iddings 6th grade
These ladies will go on to represent Holly Academy at the Michigan Charter School State Spelling Bee at Trillium Academy on March 13th. We wish them the best of luck!
It's GREAT to be a Husky!
Juliet Rowen - runner up, Aria Guru -1st place winner
Olivia Iddings - runner up, Iris Bravender - 1st place winner
Kid Inventors' Day Contest Winners
We are so proud of our winners of the Kids Inventors' Day contest!
Pictured left to right:
Lillian Tillier: Honorable Mention (5th grade)
Payton Roney: Honorable Mention (5th grade)
Leo Windy: Third Place (Y5)
Levi Emerson: Second Place (5th grade)
Logan Hekker: First Place (5th grade)
Congratulations and continue to dare to be remarkable, Huskies!
The 2019-2020 Yearbook is now officially on sale! Don't miss out on the fantastic "Early Bird" price! From now until February 14th you can purchase your book for only $25. After the 14th they will be priced at $30. For an easy online option please go to:
Do NOT pay via REVTRAK for Holly Academy Yearbooks, the above link is your on-line payment option.
From the Board of Directors
- Feb. 11 - PBIS "Love Cup" fundraiser
- Feb 12 - Count day
- Feb. 13 - PTO meeting at 8:00am
- Feb. 13 - Holly High School Freshman Orientation
- Feb 14 - Half day, dismiss at 11:30am
- Feb. 14 - Happy Valentine's Day
- Feb. 17 - No school - President's Day
- Feb. 21 - PBIS dress down, $1.00
- Feb. 21 - Middle school movie night from 3:45-6:00pm in the auditorium
- Feb. 24 - Spring picture day
- Feb. 24 - Y5/K/1 "Meet & Greet" at 6:00pm
- Feb. 26 - Board of Director's meeting, 5:30pm in media center
- Feb. 27 - Parent/teacher conferences, 1:00-4:30pm and 5:30-8:00pm
- Feb. 27 - Half day, dismiss at 11:30am
- Feb. 28 - Half day, dismiss at 11:30am
- Mar. 6 - Music dress down, $1.00
- Mar. 12 - PTO meeting at 8:00am
- Mar. 13 - Caring Commitee dress down day, $1.00
- Mar. 17 - Book Fair begins
- Mar. 20 - Book Fair ends
- Mar. 20 - PBIS dress down, $1.00
- Mar. 25 - Board of Director's meeting, 5:30pm in media center
- Mar. 27-Apr. 3 - Spring break
Congratulations to Mr. Linden, a HAEF grant award winner this year! He was awarded two percussion instruments for his classroom. The Cajon and the Shekere are percussion instruments for students to utilize in his classroom! The students have already begun to work with these instruments in class! Dare to be remarkable!
Holly Academy Education Fund Open Trustee Position
Are you looking for a fun way to become more involved in your child’s school? Do you enjoy meeting new people and working toward a positive goal? Then consider applying to become a trustee for the Holly Academy Education Foundation (HAEF)!
Fill out the application to apply. Submit to the office by April 1, 2020.
You have finished reading our newsletter! Please stop by the office by 3:00pm on 2/12 to fill out a raffle ticket for a Dairy Queen gift card!