What is past is past
- He was born on 18th July 1918 in the little village of Mvezo, in Qunu in Southern Transkei, into the royal family of the Tembu (a tribe).
- He is one of the 13 children of his father's four wives and the youngest of four boys.
- When Mandela was nine his father died and Mandela's uncle, the head of his tribe, became his guardian.
- Mandela was the first of his family to go to school, beginning his primary education when he was seven at a Methodist missionary school, where he was given the name Nelson. His education continued at the Clarkebury School.
- On his registration Mandela started a bachelor of arts degree at the African Native College of Fort Hare but was expelled with Oliver Tambo for participating in a student strike.
- He was sentenced to life in prison on 12th June 1964, because he was fighting against racism and rights for black people.
- He and his cousin ran away to Johannesburg to avoid arranged marriages and for a short amount of time he worked as a mine policeman.
His cause and methods
He fought for what he believed in though alot of hardship and dermination towards his goals. He finally managed to acheive his life long goal and set all the blakc people of south Africa free from racism and oppression.
In my opinion
I think that Nelson Mandela did a really good job of being president, it took him awhile but he finally got there through hardship and perseverance, and yes hes right that everyone should be treated equally even if they are a different colour or race etc.
I also think that his methods of protesting etc, were effective and worked well for him.
I don't think I would have done things very differently, if anything.