9th Grade Football
Fall Break (Oct. 10 -14)
Thursday, Oct. 10
- Varsity plays Lakeside at Home at 7:30.
MPAA night & Pink Out
Fall Break: Oct. 11 - Oct. 14 No Practice (Rest, Recover, etc)
Tuesday, Oct. 15
Back to our normal routine
Parkview Football Grade Policy
Failing 2 classes: sit 1 quarter
Failing 3 classes: sit 1 half
Failing 4 or more classes: Sit the whole game.
Our boys are student-athletes.
9th Grade and JV games start @ 6pm
Varsity Games Start @ 7:30pm
Varsity Game FYI
11/1 MEADOWCREEK: All tickets at Meadowcreek are done online. They will NOT take cash at the gate.
Varsity Home Games (Freshmen Only)
Home Games- 9/20, 10/10, 10/25, & 11/8
If your son has been told to stay by a varsity coach - then stay but for all others (Read below).
FYI- Your player might have said, "Mom/Dad, a group of my teammates are staying after school and then going to the game" (Sound familiar?)
- Please note that if you make the choice for your player to stay after school and wait until the game time your player will have to remain in the 9th-grade locker room during this time.
- The coaches will be focusing on Varsity players and game preparations again for Varsity players.
- Kickoff is @ 7:30 and school dismiss out at 2:10 pm. This is a long time for a student to be "Hanging out".
- They cannot be walking around campus and "hanging-out". with others.
- Your son needs to go home and then return for the game. Bring him back to the game around 6:30-6:45.
- Freshman players get in free, they must have their game Jersey on.
- Remind your player that they are wearing a Parkview jersey and represent the Parkview football team and the values of our football program.
Yes- we want our 9th graders to support the varsity team but we also want to be realistic about the focus of the football coaches and staff on Friday Nights.
Friday Night Games (during varsity games):
2nd half--9th Grade parents will work
Upcoming Mom's Club Meetings
October 15** - College & Career Speaker in the cafeteria
December 17 – Ornament Exchange
*All meetings taking place @ 7 pm in the 2nd floor of the press box.
**This event will take place in the Family & Consumer Kitchen (Tentative)
Eligibility for Competition (Student-Athletes)
The governing body for all competitive interscholastic teams is the Georgia High School Association (GHSA). The GHSA by-laws state, "All students establishing eligibility as entering 9th graders are automatically eligible for the first semester."
- Players are expected to be great STUDENT-athletes during their time at Parkview.
- To be eligible to play, a student must pass 5 out of 6 classes.
- "All entering 9th graders are eligible to try out for all GHSA-sanctioned activities at the high school. At the end of the first semester and all subsequent semesters, a student who wishes to try out must pass a minimum of five out of six courses and be on track for graduation.Students will not be permitted to practice or participate in athletic activities on a school day if they have been absent for more than one-half of the day or have served in-school suspension that day."- GHSA
- Freshman Banquet Monday, Oct. 28 at 6 pm in the Cafeteria