Glendale Elementary May News
- April 29 - May 23 - MAP TESTING
- April 29 -May 3- Child Nutrition Appreciation Week
- May 1 - CARES Breakfast 9:30AM
- May 3 - MCA Reading/Math Testing ENDS
- May 6- 10th - Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 6 - Elementary Art Show & BOGO Bookfair @ Westwood 6:00-7:30PM
- May 7- PTC Meeting 6:30AM
- May 8 - Choir Concert Dress Rehearsal 9:45AM
- May 8 - School Nurse Appreciation Day
- May 9 - Jr. Naturalist Meeting 8:00AM
- May 9 - 4th/5th Grade Choir Concert 7:00PM
- May 10 - MCA Science Testing ENDS
- May 10 - Glenmart Open 4th & 5th grade + Lifeskills
- May 13 - Davanni's Night- Kindergarten hosts
- May 15 - Music Concerts 1st grade (10AM), 2nd grade (1PM) & 3rd grade (2:45PM)
- May 15 - Last Day Media Check Out
- May 17 - Glenmart Open 2nd & 3rd grade
- May 17 - Synergy 4th grade STEMLink Fieldtrip
- May 20 - D.O.G.S Meeting 6:30PM
- May 21 - AIMS Testing
- May 21 - Jr. Naturalist Leadership Day- McColl Pond
- May 21 - Future Kindergarten Tour 4:30-5:30PM
- May 23 - Fun in the Sun (K-2: AM 3-5: PM)
- May 24 - 5th Grade Track & Field Day
- May 27 - NO SCHOOL- MEMORIAL DAY
- May 29 - 4th Grade History Center Field Trip 10:30AM-2:30PM
- May 31- Cash for Critters- wear a hat & pay $1
- May 31 - 5th Grade Celebration 1:30PM
- May 31 - PTC End of Year Party 6:30PM-8:30PM
Students at Glendale will be recognized for showing the CARES skills through out the school year. Adults can recognize students who are doing an excellent job demonstrating: Cooperation, Assertion, Responsibility, Empathy or Self control. Students who are recognized will be honored with a certificate, have their names announced at an All School Meeting, will be showcased in the Glendale monthly newsletter and will get to enjoy a cinnamon roll breakfast with Mrs. Molitor & the other recipients during morning meeting.
Congratulations to all of the students that received this award for April! The next C.A.R.E.S. breakfast will be Wednesday, May 1st.
MCA & MAP Testing
Congratulations to our 3rd-5th grade students who will be wrapping up their reading and math MCA testing by the end of this week. Great job students!
Grade 5 students will be taking the MCA science test during the week of May 6th - 10th.
Grades 2-5 will be taking the math and reading MAP test throughout the whole month of May.
School Visitor Safety Reminders
An individual or group may be denied permission to visit a school or school property or such permission may be revoked if the visitor(s) does not comply with the school district procedures and regulations or if the visit is not in the best interest of students, employees or the school district.
When picking up your child for a sibling's concert or event:
-Please come to the office and we will call your child up to meet you rather than walking around the building and stopping by their classroom.
**We ask that you please let their teacher know prior to the event, as pulling them out of class during learning time can be a big distraction to both the teacher & other students.
Thanks for your cooperation with this matter!
Art Show & Book Fair
April 29th- May 3rd is Child Nutrition Appreciation week. Glendale has an outstanding group providing meals to almost 700 students every day. We thank our fabulous kitchen team; Mike, Pat, Bobbi, Rita & Patty for their commitment to providing delicious, healthy breakfasts and lunches to our students.
Glendale has an amazing staff and our teachers are dedicated to students' success.
May 6th - 10th is Teacher Appreciation week. At Glendale, our PTC and parents from each classroom are honoring teachers in a variety of ways. The Theme this year is "What a Wonderful World".
Wednesday May 8th is School Nurse Appreciation Day. Thank you Lisa & Tuyet for all that you do for our students to keep them safe & healthy here at Glendale!
Fun in the Sun
Save the date for Fun in the Sun on Thursday May 23rd- all grades will be participating in the festivities. We are changing it up a little bit this year. We will not be asking parents to "formally" volunteer, but all parents will be welcome to come and stay with their child's class during their time outside. We will run K-2 together in the AM and 3-5 together in the PM. Class times will be sent out closer to the date.
The Glendale PTC has board openings for the upcoming 2019/2020 school year. The following are the position descriptions, they require a 2 year term in addition to our PTC meetings once a month. It’s a great way to become more involved at Glendale.
The positions available are:
· Conduct all PTC and Executive Board meetings
· Prepare meeting agendas
· Act as liaison between Principal and Executive Board
· Be co-responsible with the Treasurer for checking and/or savings account
· Coordinate the election of Board Members
· Conduct weekly check of PTC mailbox
· Serve as past President advisor on newly elected Board if possible
· Perform other duties as designated by the Board
· Conduct meetings in the absence of the President
· Assist President with duties
· Records minutes of meetings in absence of Secretary
· Serve as President in the event of a vacancy until such time a special election can be conducted
· Create and submit notices of school events to local media
· Coordinate solicitations of contributions
· Coordinate information and displays for the PTC bulletin board
· Perform other duties as designated by the Board
If your interested or have any questions please contact Angie Carrigan at firstname.lastname@example.org
SPAN is the Synergy/SAGE Parent Action Network. We are also known as the Prior Lake-Savage Chapter of the MN Council for the Gifted and Talented (MCGT). Our mission is to support and advocate for academically advanced students, their parents, and their educators.
We are in the process of planning for next year. Please let us know if you have topics you would like to see discussed at meetings. Please also let us know if you would like to learn more about becoming part of our Board; we are in need of leadership as several of our Board members have children who will be graduating. Email us at email@example.com. See more about us on our website www.mcgt.net/priorlake
National Honor Society Duck Race
Prior Lake High School’s National Honor Society is holding the Third Annual Duck Race to raise money for the Make-a-Wish Foundation.
· Come on Saturday May 25th and Saturday June 1st from 10am-2pm at Hidden Valley Park.
· Race a duck down Credit River!
· Play carnival games for prizes!
To learn more about the duck race, visit our website: nhsduckrace.weebly.com. Make sure to RSVP on the website by May 18th for free admission. See you at the Duck Race!
Greetings from the Health Office!
END OF YEAR MEDICATION PICK UP
Medications including rescue medications (Inhalers, Epi-Pens, etc.) cannot be sent home with elementary students. We recommend leaving rescue medication at school until dismissal of the last day. **Please pick up all medications no later than June 6th (by dismissal time at 12:50). The District is unable to store medication over the summer; medication remaining in the health office will be properly disposed of after the last day of school. Please call your school’s Health Office if you wish to make other arrangements prior to this.
Spring has finally arrived…we hope! With the warmer weather and the brighter sun, we would like to send a reminder that students should come to school with sunscreen on. The school does not provide sunscreen and teachers are unable to apply sunscreen. Help your child safely enjoy the sun.
CLOTHES DONATIONS NEEDED
We would appreciate any clothing donations, so please consider us as you are doing your closet clean outs! We are always in high need of pants and underwear in sizes 5/6 & 7/8. Please remember to launder and return any clothes that your child borrows from the Health Office.