Central Intelligence Weekly Update
Monday October 28 - Friday November 1
Week at a Glance
- Red Ribbon Week #camoday
- Parent Meeting on HIV/AIDS Prevention Education Program 5:30 @ EPS Admin Center
Tuesday October 29
- Red Ribbon Week #crazyhairday
- COCDA Choir Festival
- 7th Grade Football Playoffs 4:00-9:30
- Central Archery Parent/Student Meeting 6:00 in Cafeteria
Wednesday October 30
- Red Ribbon Week #disneyday
Thursday October 31
- Red Ribbon Week #patternday
- 8th Grade Football Playoffs 4:00-10:00
Friday November 1
- Red Ribbon Week #pajamaday
Saturday November 2
- OCDA Auditions Round 1 in Lawton
Stay up to date with Central Activities & Events
- We cannot wait to see you at our 4th annual Central Celebration Family FUNdraiser Night! This is such a special time to get together with other families and enjoy an evening out with the Tigers! (and it allows us to provide so many amazing things for our students and staff)
- Did your student accidentally leave the building with one of our red or green temporary ID badges? Please ask him/her to return them to the Main Office. Thank you!
- Middle School Matters: This is Red Ribbon Week. As we turn our attention to helping our students fight any temptation they may face to do drugs, I want to share a very important article regarding the dangers of vaping and advice for how to best talk to your pre-teen/teenager about it. Click here to read!
- October = National Bullying Prevention Month - At Central, we work diligently to ensure that students are treated with dignity and respect. We value kindness and inclusion. Our teachers offer multiple opportunities every week for our students to participate in projects that promote kindness during Tiger Time. Thank you for helping us create a safe place for students to attend school by reinforcing our expectations that students are kind to one another and demonstrate respect to both their peers and their teachers. We will be explicitly teaching ways students can stand up for one another during the rest of this semester during Advisory.
SAVE THE DATE FOR CENTRAL CELEBRATION on NOV. 8th
Friday November 8th from 6-8pm.
- Grab dinner from one of the 6 Food Trucks
- Start your holiday shopping at the Pop Up Shops
- Enter your raffle tickets to win fabulous prizes
- Enjoy performances from the Central Band, Choir and Orchestra
- Have fun at one of the many games and activities (Inflatables, Car Bash, Speed Throw, Cupcake Walk, Cookie Decorating, Yard Games, Bingo, Singo, Karaoke, Basketball)
Media Center Messages
What a phenomenal day filled with love, kindness, spontaneous singing, and too many inspirational moments to count as we hosted Ann Braden, the author of The Benefits of Being an Octopus. It was a life-changing experience for many of our students.
A very special thank you to the students who participated in acting out scenes from THE BENEFITS OF BEING AN OCTOPUS, those who performed at the luncheon, and to our Central artists who created the fabulous artwork that was on display.
We would like to give a shout out to Karen Davis, who was an integral part of making this visit so wonderful, to Stephani Nichols, who coordinated the food donations, and to the parents who donated food, helped set up, serve, and clean up during the luncheon.
This is an excerpt - Caradith Craven's full letter is attached below
Hope Center of Edmond - Christmas Sponsorship
NOVEMBER 4th - The Hope Center will begin accepting applications for Christmas!
If you need help this Christmas:
- Go to The Hope Center and complete a short application
- Bring Proof of Residency (a bill or lease)
- Drivers License or other form of ID
- Social Security cards for children in your household
To adopt a family this Christmas:
- Go to The Hope Center and complete a short "sponsor" form.
Support Tiger Time!
Each week Central students enjoy a variety of Tiger Time activities that require extra supplies. If you are interested in donating supplies for Tiger Time please sign up using the link below.
Order your student a yearbook
IT’S A GREAT TIME
TO REMEMBER THE TIMES
Yearbook, an absolute treasure trove of memories, laughs and photos. Don’t let your student miss out. Order today for $35.00.
Secondary Parent Meeting - HIV/AIDS Prevention Education Program
Please refer to the attached letter for further information.
Central Archery Club
The club is open to any CMS student who is interested in joining. Yes..that's right....even 6th graders can be a part of the club!!! If you have any questions, please contact Jeff Janzen by email or at (405)726-6144