The Gayman Gazette
"What Is Your Gift"
November 13, 2015
Upcoming Important Dates
- November 17th - Spirit Assembly @ 2:00 PM
- November 18th - 2nd Grade to Churchville Nature Center
- November 19th - Kids Care Club @ 3:30 PM
- November 20th - Comfy Cozy Day
- November 19th - 24th - No School for Kindergarten; Parent/Teacher Conferences
- November 23rd - Early Dismissal @ 11:55 AM for Grades 1 - 6; Parent/Teacher Conferences
- November 24th - Early Dismissal @ 11:55 AM for Grades 1 - 6; Parent/Teacher Conferences
- November 25th - 27th - No School - Thanksgiving Recess
- November 30th - December 3rd - Secret Shop
- December 1st - Spotlight on Music - Grade 1 @ 5:45 PM; Grade 6 @ 6:30 PM.
- December 3rd - Secret Shop Family Night from 3:30 - 7:30 PM
- December 4th - HSA Holiday Activity
Comfy Cozy Day on Friday, November 20th - Support A Local Family
Dear Gayman Community,
Friday, November 20th, is Comfy Cozy Day. This is a day for the kids to pay a dollar to come dressed to school in comfy, cozy clothes. The money raised on this particular day will go to the Gayman Community Cares Organization for one of our families in need.
We currently have one of our families going through a health crisis and they could really use our support. Please consider having your child participate on the 17th and donating a dollar or more to our family in need.
If you have any questions regarding the Gayman Community Cares Organization please contact Cristi Quillen @ email@example.com
Home & School Wants To Hear From You
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!! As discussed in our last general membership meeting, we want to know what events you like/dislike and what events you would like to see in the future. Please click on the link below and take the short survey. Results will be posted soon.
The GHSA Board
Fall Clothing Sale
Get your Gayman Mustang Spiritwear! Our online fall clothing sale starts NOW thru November 20th! Just click this link below or copy it to your browser. Thanks!
Secret Shop Needs Volunteers!!
For a class schedule and complete details about the Secret Shop, please click here.
November Boomerang Award
This year, Gayman will continue to accept nominations for the Boomerang Award, which is our way of honoring students who best demonstrate their own developmental assets. What are Developmental Assets? Students possessing a combination of “40 Assets” are typically most successful in school and in life. These assets have the power to influence choices young people make and help them become caring, responsible adults. For a complete listing of the 40 Developmental Assets visit: www. Search-institute.org.
November #40. Positive View Of Personal Future. Young person is optimistic about his or her own future and strives to reach his/her goals. They have hopes, dreams, enthusiasm and plans. He/she demonstrates strong efforts to achieve their goals, whatever they might be.
Kids Care Club Annual Fundraiser
The Kids Care Club's BIG ANNUAL FUNdraiser to benefit Be the Light of the Party Foundation! Join Mike from CrossFit Summa as he teaches the kids a bit about crossfit and nutrition. The kids will be able to attempt an American Ninja Warrior-like course!
When: Thursday, November 19th
Where: Gayman's Gym
Time: 3:15 PM - 4:30 PM
Come out and join the Kids Care Club for a worthwhile cause! For complete details click here.
November Parent - Teacher Conferences
We are fast approaching our November conferences (November 23rd and 24th) for parents, teachers, and students. During this conference, your child's "Conference Report" will be referenced. This report will focus on his/her academic achievement, strengths as a learner, and goals for future growth. The Conference Report will serve as a springboard for conversations around student learning thus far, as well as goal setting for the future.
- As a reminder, if you have not created a Log-in for the Parent Portal, please do so ASAP. Your child's Conference Report will be accessible electronically via the Parent Portal on November 18th. Click HERE to follow the link for information on how to create a log-in.
- Attention Kindergarten Families: The kindergarten reporting process will remain the same as in past years. Paper copies will be sent home; there are no changes to the Kindergarten Reporting process.
Thank You From Operation Gratitute
PumpkinFest 2015 A Great Success!
Thank you to all students and families who participated in the library’s second annual Pumpkin Festival! As always, we were awed by the creativity shown by all the entries. All the pumpkins were welcome additions to the library and all the classes LOVED seeing each other’s work! Thank you for sharing the gift of your time and talents with our Gayman Community!
Parent Postive Series
Please join us November 18th when Dr. Katherine Dahlsgaard presents From Science to Parenting: Evidence Based Strategies to Help Tame Your Child’s Anxiety. Dr. Dahslgaard is the lead psychologist of the Anxiety Behaviors Clinic at CHOP.
This presentation is part of the ongoing Parent Positive Speaker Series hosted through the collaboration of our district, CB Cares, the CB YMCA, and Doylestown Health.
Dr. Dahlsgaard’s presentation will be held in the Lenape Middle School Auditorium and will begin at 7:00 pm. We anticipate time for a Q&A session.
Registration for this free event is encouraged, but not required.
We are pleased to offer babysitting for kids in grades K – 6. Registration for babysitting is required. Please use the registration link above to register for the event and babysitting.
For complete details on the Parent Positive Series click on the link below: