The Bethune Bulletin
"To Engage, Inspire and Educate..."
Week of January 19-22, 2016
District Core Beliefs
· Our main purpose is to improve student academic achievement.
· Effective instruction makes the most difference in student academic performance.
· There is no excuse for poor quality instruction.
· With our help, at risk students will achieve at the same rate as non-at risk students.
· Staff members must have a commitment to children and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
Bethune Key Actions
We will use our District's core beliefs and philosophy to develop a culture of feedback and support to increase the quality of instruction.
We will improve the quality of Instruction across all content areas and for each sub-group by engaging students in rigorous work and higher order thinking skills.
We will use data-driven and differentiated instruction to progress monitor and increase student achievement.
Message from Ms. Hernandez
Keep up the hard work and setting high expectations for ALL students!
Week at a Glance
Fall Semester Awards
Monday, January 18
Tuesday, January 19
- PK @ 8:15-8:55
- 2nd @ 9:00-10:00
- 1st @ 10:00-11:00
- Kinder @ 11:00-12:00
ARD @ 10:30 am (Zertuche/Saldivar)
ARD @ 2:00 pm (Arambula/Spells)
Wednesday, January 20
- 4th @ 8:30-9:30
- 3rd @ 9:30-10:30
- 5th @ 10:30-11:30
Thursday, January 21
Professional Development for All Teachers @ 3:15 pm
5th grade SSI/Transition Meeting @ 5 pm
PTA @ 6 pm
Friday, January 22
Resources for You!
Attendance on Gradespeed before 9:00 a.m.
Lesson Plans due Friday by 8:00 a.m. to CICs
Grades updated on Gradespeed weekly
Please be prompt with picking up and dropping off students before and after lunches.
- January 23- Saturday School Starts (9:00-11:30 for students) and (8:00-12:00 for teachers)
- January 25- Team Leaders Meeting/ NTST @ 3:15 pm
A Very Happy Birthday!
January 16- Ms. Johnson and Ms. Spells
January 21- Ms. M. Morales