Mrs. Inch's Imagineers
Thank you so much for the wonderful Teacher Appreciation gifts, cards, and door decorations. I really do feel appreciated!
As we get closer to EOG's and end of the year festivities, please be sure to read the weekly update for important information.
Here is what we have going on this week:
- Please sign your child's agenda nightly.
- Tuesday folders: Please be sure to review all assignments with your child. I usually write comments that can be used to review. All graded work should be returned to school signed.
- ****I will need parents to volunteer to decorate our classroom for the reception after the promotion.
- *****EOG's: Mrs. Hoover asked us to remind all parents that students will not be dismissed from school for early dismissal until all students in the class have completed the EOG to ensure a positive testing environment for our students with the least amount of distractions. Please plan on keeping your child at school for most of the day on EOG days.
Classroom needs: Is anyone getting rid of lap desks that may just happen to be laying around your house or extra books you might be thinking about donating? The students love using lap desks and are using them more and more and we can always use new (used) books! Thank you for all the supplies this year!
- May 25- Battle Books due (this in in-class only)
- May 26-27 Reading and Math EOG's
- June 2 Science EOG
- June 8 Promotion 8:00
- June 9 Fun Day and Last Day of School!!!
Social Studies/Writing: Students have learned the causes of the Civil War, battles of the Civil War, important events during the civil war and reconstruction, and who the important people were during the Civil War. The writing assignment they have started is a research-based paper where students have been assigned a battle to become experts on. Submissions will be to the Google Classroom Social Studies folder.
Science: We have completed our unit on ecosystems and biomes. Students are finishing up the last of their presentations before we dive into the human body unit. This unit will take us until the end of the year. We will need supplies for this unit/project as we get closer to the project start. We will also be starting our Science EOG review on Friday.
Reading: Students are reading historical fiction for independent reading and books are on/around their independent reading levels. As a class, we are reading "Shades of Gray" about a boy who learns what hard work is after his family was killed in the Civil War and he goes on to live with his Aunt Ella and Uncle Jed. We will begin our Reading EOG review on Monday.
Math: We are completing our unit on conversions and will begin our Math EOG review on Monday. Students will be assigned individual packets based on the standards they need work on. I will be pulling small groups to review test-taking strategies as well as work with individual students who need extra support. Please know not every student will have the same work to complete.
Have a great week!