The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of December 8, 2014
Don't forget to post the Words of the Week!
Early Dismissal Week
Monday, Dec. 8th, 2:30pm to Friday, Dec. 12th, 1pm
- Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Book Fair
- Data Review Meetings - Don't forget to sign up!
CAST Paperwork DUE
Thursday, Dec. 11th, 8:30am
The Curriculum Corner...Danielson's FFT: Communicating with Students (3a)
Component 3a (communicating with students) of Danielson’s FFT is much more than sharing our expectations for participation, learning and/or behavior, and consists of four main elements:
- Expectations for learning
- Directions & procedures
- Explanation of content
- Use of oral/written language
Click on the link below to visit The Curriculum Corner Online and read more about Component 3a or to review our previous posts on Danielson's FFT. Most importantly though, feel free to share some bite-sized best practices you have developed that support 3a via social media, email or in the footer of The Buzz!
Bullock has some fantastic authors and we had a wonderful parent turn-out!
Anchor Charts from the Fall Bowe Learning Walk...text evidence & theme.
Great example of some "I cans" that will help to ensure meaningful student-student interactions!
News & Notes
- We will be welcoming a group of 4th Grade Teachers to participate in a learning walk! The event will take place on 12/17 & will help us to establish a deeper level of vertical articulation with Bowe. Stay tuned for details!
- See the footer of The Buzz for a nice info-graphic about learning resources/games on the web. Feel free to download it and post it to your web page! THANK YOU to Patti for the idea!
You're the Best...Quotes from the staff!
- Angel, Marcy, Katie, Michelle Meehan, Desarea & Melanie for your flexibility with the "sample lessons!"
- To the staff for donating over $600 for the United Way!
- To Danielle for her kind words.
- To the Bullock Staff for always supporting each other in times of need!