The Colt Classified
January 22, 2018
December Saints of the Month
Spelling Bee Winners
Anne Marie Miguel
Luis De La Cruz
CCCS Wins the First Steps for Students Award!
Inclement Weather Make-Up Days
- Monday, February 19th
- Monday, April 30th
Family Dine Out
Join us tomorrow, January 23rd, at Chipotle, 8505 S. Main, Ste. 100, anytime between 5:00 and 9:00 p.m. for fun and delicious food. Be sure to show your flyer or mention CCCS and 50% of the proceeds will be donated to our PSO! We hope to see you there!
Catholic Schools Week 2018
CCCS' Catholic Schools Week schedule is as follows:
Friday, January 26th: Pastor/Principal Basketball Game, 2:00-3:00 p.m.; Steps for Students Chili Cook Off, 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, January 28th: Mass with the Parish, 11:00 a.m.
Monday, January 29th: Wear your favorite college sweatshirt or t-shirt; Seminarian to speak to middle school scholars on vocations
Tuesday, January 30th: Living Rosary, 2:00 p.m.; "Celebrating Diversity in our Children" parent presention by Cathy Garcia Prats, 6:00 p.m. in Prefontaine Hall
Wednesday, January 31st: Spelling Bee, 1;00 p.m.
Thursday, February 1st: Open House for prospective families, 9:00 a.m.
Friday, February 2nd: Pastries with the Principal and Pastor following the 8:00 a.m. Mass; Sundaes with Father during lunch
Saturday, February 3rd: The Winter Chill; An Auction Gala
Not a chili cooker? Come feast on taste tantalizing chili and fun foods! Go to www.corpuschristihouston.org to register! Volunteers needed! Simply go to http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0E4CA4A92CA1F49-cccs to sign up.
Contact Mrs. Lily Reyes, Steps for Students Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You don't want to miss all the fun activities which are planned!
We're Going Bananas over the Chili Cook-Off!
Mass with the Parish this Sunday
Celebrating Diversity in our Children
Join us as Cathy helps us appreciate our children's unique gifts: academic, physical, faith, culture, race, etc. The main objective of this session is that we, as parents, understand how important we are in appreciating the diversity within our own families in order for our children to appreciate the diversity in their school and the community at large.
This session for parents will be held on Tuesday, January 30th at 6:00 p.m. in Prefontaine Hall. Please join us!
Pastor/Principal Basketball Game
Keeping Our Children Healthy: Reminders from Nurse Greenwell
- Please inform Mrs. Greenwell of any serious illnesses e.g. Strep or Flu. When emailing your child's teacher or Mrs. Ponce, please cc Mrs. Greenwell. She needs to track the number of illnesses occurring among the school population.
- Students should remain fever free (without medication) for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Dr. Angela Campbell of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention in Atlanta, Georgia, emphasizes that, "Vaccination remains the most important influenza prevention tool. CDC recommends ongoing vaccination as long as influenza viruses are circulating." Unfortunately, some individuals get the flu even though they are vaccinated against it. However, please remember there are benefits to having received the vaccine. Those who are vaccinated will usually have less severe symptoms and the illness will not last as long.
- Feel free to contact Mrs. Greenwell, email@example.com, with any questions or concerns.
Steps for Students
Orange you glad? Students who purchased orange CCCS Steps for Students t-shirts may wear them every Tuesday with blue jeans until the 5K Walk/Run on February 17th!
6th Grade Scholars Volunteer Their Time by Stuffing Packets for Steps for Students
"The Winter Chill" Auction Gala
- Send in your RSVP today! Don't miss this fun event!
- Donate strings of white lights.
- Collect gift cards, certificates or donate any item from your favorite vendors for auction items.
- Volunteers are needed during the week of January 29th and to help with auction set up on Friday night, February 2nd and Saturday morning, February 3rd. Contact Auction Chair, Ofelia Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Express check out forms are available in the office or contact Ms. Ponce at email@example.com to have a form sent home with your child.
We look forward to celebrating with you at the Winter Chill on February 3rd!
The Fund for Corpus Christi Catholic School
Thank you! We are appreciative of everyone's support. Every dollar earned makes a positive impact on our students.
Thank you for making the big difference!
- For the repose of the soul of Dr. Oscar R. Mangini, grandfather of Vidalael Granadas (4th grade)
- For God's healing of Donata Calilung Dizon,grandmother of April Parhms (4th grade)
- For peace in our world