Rachel Conley Period 9
- Identify psychological, emotional, or behavioral issues and diagnose disorders, using information obtained from interviews, tests, records, and reference materials.
- Counsel individuals and groups regarding problems, such as stress, substance abuse, and family situations, to modify behavior or to improve personal, social, and vocational adjustment.
- Write reports on clients and maintain required paperwork.
- Use a variety of treatment methods, such as psychotherapy, hypnosis, behavior modification, stress reduction therapy, psychodrama, and play therapy.
Average Hours/Working Schedule
- You create your own work hours if you own your own private practice
- Private Practice
- Doctors Office
- $32.64 hourly
- $67,880 annual
- A background in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics
- 87% have doctoral or professional degrees
- Life Science Classes— Developmental and Child Psychology, General Psychology, etc.
Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying and understanding their points.
Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Writing — Communicating effectively in writing.
Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing information to develop and evaluate options/solutions.
Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the costs and benefits of actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Science — Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
Job Outlook/ Growth...
Projected Job Openings ( 2010-2020) ----> 82,300
- Most are self- employed
Advancement Opportunities or Related Jobs
Child,Family, and School Social Workers
Psychologists can start out from interning, to an employee and then to opening a private practice of their own.
I want my major to be psychology and then for my graduates, I want to study clinical psychology. My major goal is to have a PhD.
I would love to work with people who have addictions. Whether its to drugs or eating cleaning products.
I want to work with adults.