This Week's Schedule
- I'll look forward to seeing Cohort 1 in school on Monday and Tuesday.
- We'll all meet for a 1/2 day of synchronous teaching and learning on Wednesday in Zoom followed by a 1/2 day of independent work time for the students.
- I'll look forward to seeing Cohort 2 in school on Thursday and Friday.
The schedule for concurrent teaching/learning will remain the same this week.
The specials schedule is:
Monday - Library
Tuesday - Technology
Wednesday - Art (Remote)
Thursday - Music
Friday - Gym
- Attendance will be taken at 9:15 and sent to the office digitally by 9:20 at the latest. If your child is not present, he or she will be marked absent. You may wish to call the office to alert them that your child was tardy should he or she log in late. Otherwise, the office will likely phone you to confirm your child's absence/attendance.
- We will take a quick attendance at the beginning of every concurrent session (3 additional times per day). This attendance will be sent to the office at the end of the week. Should your child miss one or more of his or her remote sessions, the office will mark your child dismissed for those sessions.
Please let me know if you'd like me to work with your student to set iPad alarms for his or her remote days. It would be my pleasure to do so!
Unfortunately, students will not be able to exchange Valentine cards or candy this year due to health and safety guidelines. I already have some ideas that will ensure that the students are able to express love and feel loved around this traditional holiday. Thanks so much for understanding. Do feel welcome to pack a special snack on the 9th (Cohort 1) and 12th (Cohort 2) of the month!
The Clough PTO is beginning to collect 4-5 photos of your child/group during their time at Clough. Photos can capture years K-4. Photos should picture your child participating in school events like getting on the bus, class parties, Clough Halloween, field days, field trips, etc. You can also submit a couple of pictures with your child and his/her friends as the committee understands that the pandemic may have made capturing your child at school events more challenging. Finally, please also include a baby or toddler picture. The committee asks that you politely refrain from sending in pictures of your child at a birthday party, playdate, or sports event. Pictures should be emailed to email@example.com. The deadline for pictures is February 14, 2021. If you are struggling to find pictures, please email me directly and I will be sure to take some photos in school and send them to you. Finally, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
Packing for Hogwarts
- A fully charged iPad
- Green Clough folder
- Wonders Reading/Writing Companion (Unit 1-2) Workbook
- Chapter 4 - Go Math!
- 3 Composition Notebooks (Dear Harry, Math, Reading)
- Pencil box containing things like pencils, scissors, glue stick, colored pencils, pencil sharpener, crayons, etc.
- A spare mask in a ziplock bag
- Snack and a water bottle
(Large white binders can stay at home)
SEL Screener and iReady
Additionally, the district has asked teachers to allow time for students to answer a 34-question survey that will be used to assess students' social-emotional learning. The Panorama survey was selected because it measures students’ perceptions of SEL, provides interactive reports, and suggests actionable strategies for educators to build students’ SEL skills. The survey will take students approximately 15 minutes to complete. We will ask students to complete this screener in the next couple of weeks.
Second Step Lessons with Mr. Hanson
Cohort 1 students: Every Week 1, Friday at 12:00
Cohort 2 students: Every Week 2, Monday at 12:00
Cohort 1 will have their first lesson THIS Friday (2/12)
Cohort 2 will have their first lesson Monday after vacation (2/22)
LINK to Mr. Hanson's flier