a weekly newsletter 2-4-14
A peek at our week...
VOCAB: Unit 5: Test Friday. Try to use these words in your everyday vocabulary at home!
Math: We have begun Topic 15, Length and Perimeter. We are still learning to measure with a ruler, measuring to the nearest 1/2 and 1/4 of an inch. We may have a short quiz over lessons 15-1 through 15-4 on Friday. This will depend on how well the class progresses through the topic.
Social Studies: We are wrapping up Chapter 5 in our Social Studies books. Our test will be Thursday (open book). This chapter focuses on many important men and women from our history. This week, the students will be creating posters on one of these important people. This is an in class activity that is due on Friday. A study guide will be in their science/SS journals. Please use this to study!
Important Dates & Information
- February 17- President's Day- No School
- February 13th- FUN RUN @ 10:00
- Fun Run pledge cards went home today in the Eagle Folder. Prizes will be handed out beginning tomorrow morning!
- Special thanks to Mrs. Espano for completing our yearbook page! She did a fabulous job. The kids look great!
- We will not be having a Valentines party. However, if you choose to send in cards for the class, we will be exchanging! Please bring in a box for the kids to collect their goodies. If you do not want to make a box, a simple bag will do. We have 18 students in the class. Simply put who the valentine is from :) no need to put who it goes to.
Things to Remember
- Remember, your child should read for pleasure every night! Be working on your February Reading log. It should be found in your child's Red Homework folder.
- Be sure to sign planners nightly!
- Thank you for your donations with our community project! All donations are due this Friday, February 7th.
Resource Schedule for the week
Tue: Day 4: PE
Wed: Day 5: Art
Thur: Day 6: PE
Fri: Day 7: nothing