The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of March 21, 2016
How will you change the world by sharing & supporting your opinion?
Leadership Team: Read Alouds & Opinion Writing
Tuesday, March 22nd, 3-4pm
- If you are looking for some great ideas to unpack our opinion unit & corresponding standards, you DEFINITELY don't want to miss this session!
Thursday, March 24th, 3:15pm
- This is a fantastic program & I am hoping to have a few people in each grade level apply! Let me know if you are considering it!
The Curriculum Corner: Brain Breaks & Mindfulness, Part 2
Last week we explored some new brain break routines in Lori Desautels article. In Part 2 of her series, Dr. Desautels explores some simple routines to explore mindfulness (along with a few more brain breaks). I particularly love how she defines the goal of promoting these routines: to create a calming, yet energized learning environment! Click here to view the article and don't forget to share some mindfulness routines you utilize with your students via email, social media or in the footer of the Buzz!
Showing off our student's artwork during the MIOSM performance.
Words to Inspire
Way to go Ms. Tursi & the 2nd Grade Team...the kiddos did a fantastic job!
News & Notes
- Please turn in all laptops to the media center by Thursday, March 24th so that we can begin prepping for spring PARCC testing.
- To our Lucy Calkins PLC participants: We will do our presentations on 4/14, since the Orton-Gillingham Presentation will be on the 24th.
- Don't forget we're rolling out our next BIG Question next week!
You're the Best...Quotes from the Staff!
- Third grade team for working together nicely.
- Kim and Bernadette for all their hard work with the performances.
- Shout out for Pie Day Carol, Joan and everyone that helped make it a sweet success
- Thank you Mrs. Meehan for sharing the reading activity!
- SHOUT OUT to Kim for a great job on the 2nd grade show!
- Thank you Bernadette for helping Kim with the 2nd grade show!
- Kim, Great job with the second grade performance. Thank you for your dedication to the students at Bullock.
- A big shout out to Gloria and Chuck!! Thanks so much for your assistance during ACCESS testing!!!
- What an awesome Second Grade Music Assembly!!! Kim you did a fantastic job!!! So proud of our school!!!
- To Missy and Sonya, thanks for being there for our student. You both already have made a difference in his life.
- 04/04 - Bulldog Buddy Roleplays Start (4/4-4/8)
- 04/07 - Faculty Meeting
- 04/08 - Star Student Luncheon
- 04/13 - Bulldog Buddies Meeting
- 04/14 - CAST Meetings; Calkins PLC; Gr2 Treasure Hunt
- 04/19 - ELA Team Meeting
- 04/21 - Calkins PLC
- 04/25 - PARCC Testing Begins (4/25-5/13)
- 04/28 - CAST
- 04/29 - Star Student Luncheon