Cougar Courier Times
Kutz Elementary School's Bimonthly Newsletter
October 15, 2015
Halloween 2015 at Kutz
The Halloween parade will be held on Friday, October 30, 2015 at 1:45PM. The students will be parading out through the 6th grade recess doors (“Door #6”) around the recess blacktop, and back into the building through the front bus doors (“Door #4). (Please see the map below.)
If you plan on attending the parade, we ask that you stand outside the cones that will surround the recess blacktop area, clear of the “parade doors” so that the boys and girls have plenty of room to enter and exit the building and parade around the recess area. Parking will be limited to the staff parking lot and the back blacktop area by the gym entrance. There will be staff ready to assist you with parking. We ask that you follow their guidance. Please plan to arrive NO EARLIER than 1:20PM as students will be finishing recess around 1PM and we need time to set up the parade route.
Please Note: The parade will be canceled if it rains.
Please have your child bring their costume to school in a bag, with the child’s name on the bag. Staff will provide time for the children to change into their costumes and will assist them if needed. Please use your best judgment in costume selection. There should be no weapons of any kind brought to school on this day. CHILDREN SHOULD NOT WEAR THEIR COSTUMES TO SCHOOL. (Exceptions to this would include makeup or hair color/styling.)
Classroom parties will begin immediately following the parade at approximately 2:30PM and last until 3:15PM. Parents who are on the list as helping in the classrooms should sign in at the sign in table in the front office hallway before heading outside to the parade. Please make sure that you are expected in the classroom, as we will not be letting all who attend the parade back into the building and/or classrooms. We appreciate your help and assistance with this in order to provide for a SAFE and enjoyable experience for the entire Kutz community. If you are assisting with the classroom party, and choose to take your child home with you at dismissal, we ask that you sign them out in their classroom with their homeroom teacher.
We look forward to seeing you for this FRIGHTFUL and DELIGHTFUL experience.
All AM Kindergarten students are invited to participate in the PM outdoor parade. They should meet Mrs. Kraenbring (in costume) outside her classroom door (B-3). We ask that parents then plan to pick up their children immediately following the parade. AM Kindergarten students will also have their own mini parade around the sidewalk near the parking lot at 9:45AM. Parents and siblings are invited to watch the AM mini parade outside on the blacktop.
Hello Kutz Families,
Dr. Garvin has been kind enough to offer me space in the newsletter this year. I hope to take this opportunity to share information regarding the school counseling program at Kutz and offer resources to parents regarding some issues facing children today. For those who do not know me, my name is Lauren Meekins and I am the Student Support Counselor. Part of my role at Kutz is to deliver our district’s anti-bullying curriculum through developmentally appropriate classroom lessons. So far, I have seen students in kindergarten, first and fourth grades. I will continue to meet with all grade levels in the coming weeks and throughout the year. Please check back to the counselor’s corner next month for information on stress reduction and relaxation techniques.
Kutz Home & School Association
Kutz Home & School Association
To help streamline communication between school and home we will be putting all important Kutz information in Dr. Garvin’s Kutz Cougar Times. This means enotes will no longer be published weekly and the information will now be found in Dr. Garvin’s Kutz Cougar Times. The Cougar Times is sent out on the 15th and 30th/31st of each month. All email address updates and/or additions will be done through the parent portal.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Thank You, Thank You, Thank you
The Kutz H&S Association would like to thank the 200 families that gave to Kutz Fall Fundraiser! The Association raised over $14,000 so far. We are hopeful that with the addition of passive fundraising events, we should be able to fund the 2015-2016 budget. If you have not yet donated, and would like to do so, we will welcome donations at any time.
Moonlit Fun! - Now Tomorrow Night!!!
Friday, October 16, 2015
6:30 - 9:00pm at
The Market At DelVal
2100 Lower State Road
Doylestown, PA 18901
$7.00 / person
- Includes flashlight corn maze, hayride and bonfire
- Be sure to bring flashlights for the maze!
All children attending must have adult supervision.
- No food or drinks are allowed to be brought into the event, however S’mores kits, food and drinks can be purchased there.
For more information please contact Mandi Rollerson at email@example.com or
267-934-1392 (text or call)
iRun4Life Shoe Recycling Program
iRun4Life continues to partner with Community Recycling to collect gently used shoes/sneakers and recycle them to benefit other people in our community. Until the end of the school year, iRun4Life will place shoe recycling donation boxes at Kutz Elementary School so that all children (and anyone in our community) can collect and donate shoes. The boxes are located in the front foyer and the gym foyer. Not only does this program do great things for those less fortunate, but for every box we fill our iRun4Life program will receive about $20 (fifty cents per pound of shoes). Thank you!
Take a night off and join your Kutz friends for dinner and a worthy cause.
Thursday, November 5, 2015
1521 Main Street
WARRINGTON, PA 18976
Dine in or carry out
The more people from Kutz who purchase from Panera during the fundraiser, the more money Panera will donate to Kutz.
*You must give a copy of your receipt to the Kutz volunteer @the Kutz table for your sales to count that evening.
There will also be raffles!
School Board Briefs - October 13, 2015
At the October 13, 2015 School Board Meeting the Central Bucks School District School Board:
- Heard the Tamanend 9th Grade Chorus performance before the school board meeting.
- Approved the minutes of the September 21, 2015 school board meeting.
- Heard the Superintendent’s Report: Recognition of Holicong’s Blue Ribbon status; This Month in Central Bucks video; Comprehensive Plan Update.
- The following people were recognized for outstanding contributions as a member of the Holicong Middle School National Blue Ribbon application committee:
- Michelle Ambrosini, Greg Maigur, Carrie Bannon, Frank McVey, Michael Canelli, Molly Rickert, Brad Cochran, Chris Rittenhouse, Chris Dallas, Kristin Ritter, Donna Dome, Jill Schmitt, Patrick Kelly, Kevin Shillingford, Lisa Levin, Keith Willard, Beth Madden
- Received the Curriculum, Human Resources, and Operations Committee notes, and the BCIU Board and MBIT Executive Council minutes.
- Approved the September 18, 2015, September 30, 2015, and October 8, 2015 General Fund check disbursements; the September 21, 2015 Capital Fund check disbursements; and the September 30, 2015 Food Service Fund check disbursements.
- Approved the recommendation to reject all bids for a new band tower at Central Bucks High School - East.
- Approved School Board Policy 222 – Tobacco.
- Tabled the consideration of the request from CBEA to return from unpaid leave with 15 days’ notice as opposed to the commencement of the semester as set forth in the Central Bucks Education Association Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Approved 2.0 FTE Building Computer Specialist positions.
- Approved various personnel items, foreign exchange student for 2nd semester, student trips, and staff conferences/workshops.