By: Eva Eaton
Some Facts About Paris
- Paris is capital of France and one of the most well know cities in the world.
- They use the metric system, unlike the United States
- The average precipitation per year is 27 inches (rain and melted snow)
- Moderate climate
- Paris was founded in 53 b.c.
- It is in Western Europe, in North Central France
- Paris means: "The City of Light"
- Transportation: Not many cars, most people take public buses, ride their bikes, walk, or take the subway.
- Most populated city in France
- In Paris- 2.3 million
- Metropolitan Area- 9,638,000
- Main Language: French
- 90%- Roman Catholic
- Pet Dogs- Allowed almost everywhere
- Palaces and Art Museums- Home of the Louvre
- Fashion and banks
- Main Jewish Population
- Is an island- Home to Notre Dame
- Main place for students to live- Home of the University of Paris
- Cafe's and food- A lot of college students also
- Home of the Eiffel Tower
- Home of the "Arc de Triomphe"
Famous Paris Landmarks
Arc de Triomphe- The Arc de Triomphe means "The Arc of Triumph" and is one of the most monumental arces in the world. It looms over streets in Paris and its beautiful designs and carvings are also very famous.
Notre Dame- The Notre Dame was built over 800 years ago and still standing. It is one of the most famous churches in the world and has thousands of tourists each year. (It is also the setting of the famous Disney movie, "The Hunchback or Notre Dame" )
The Louvre- The Louvre is probably the most famous art museum in the world. It is home to the Mona Lisa and many other exquisite pieces of art. It has a very interesting architecture and the outside is almost entirely made out of glass. And although it looks small, most of the museum is actually underground!
- "Eiffel Tower Facts: 20 Facts about The Eiffel Tower âFACTSlidesâ." Eiffel Tower Facts: 20 Facts about The Eiffel Tower âFACTSlidesâ. Web. 10 Dec. 2015.
- "6 Things You May Not Know About the Louvre." History.com. A&E Television Networks, 12 June 2004. Web. 10 Dec. 2015.
- "The Great History of Notre-Dame De Paris." [Notre-Dame De Paris]. 5 Apr. 2013. Web. 10 Dec. 2015.
- "Arc De Triomphe Paris - Paris Attractions - Arc De Triomphe." Arc De Triomphe Paris - Paris Attractions - Arc De Triomphe. Web. 10 Dec. 2015