- hydropower is fueled by water so its a clean fuel source meaning it won't pollute the air like power plants that burn fossil fuels such as coal or natural gas
- hydroelectric power is a domestic source of energy, allowing each state to produce their own energy without being reliant on international fuel sources
- hydropower offers advantages over other energy sources but faces unique environmental challenges
- hydropower can impact water quality and flow
name the energy resources and wether they are renewable or not .
A short description for each of the energy resources .
geothermal-energy made from the heat in the earth .
hydrpower- energy made when turbines are moved with water to create energy.
solar-solar panels take light from the sun to make energy
wind-wind turbines move when wind blows and makes energy.
petrolium-liquid mixture that makes energy
natural gas- formed when layers of plant overtime and create heat
coal- formed when plats are buried and cemented together over time to create energy
propane-energy used to make heat
Why Hydropower is a good resource to use
- Hydropower produces about 90% of energy which only the best fossil fuels can only produce 50%
- Hydropower can be the cheapest way to produce energy because rain and snow are free water resources from the sky
- Usually Hydropower has a positive side of the environment first fishes can travel throughout the power planet so wherever it goes the powerplant doesn't block the fishes route
- That if a Hydropower planet can help control the water of lakes for boating,swimming,fishing,and other water activities
Ways people can conserve or save energy such as water
- At home you can save water a way you can save water is take less time in the shower and don't use to much hot water
- don't leave the sink on while your brushing your teeth and remember to turn it off when your done
- In the outdoors people save money from washing their own car so to save water is use the right amount of water when trying to clean a curtain spot
- When mowing your lawn people should water their lawn
definition of renewable and nonrenewable resources
- Any resources that can be replenish naturally over time in is called renewable resources.
- Any resources that can not be replenish want's it is gone is called nonrenewable resources.
Video on how Hydropower works
advantages and disadvantages of renewable resources
- renewable energy will never run out
- it is difficult to generate the quantitates of electricity