Ninth Grade News
Week of May 10
Dear Daniel Ninth Families,
We had such fun and engaging activities happening campus-wide during our "Special Topics Friday" last week! Ask your student what their favorite session was and one thing they learned!
With the EOC and AP exams complete for this year, our students are working on final projects in their core classes, end-of-year Lexia and IXL screeners, and beginning final exam preparations. The Spring Semester Exam Schedule is posted below. Please note that students cannot take exams early if they are absent on a testing date, but they may arrange with their teacher for a make-up exam after their scheduled testing session.
Freshman Award Ceremony Invitations were sent via email last Friday, May 7 to the parents of students receiving an award, and another message was sent on May 11 communicating our rescheduled date. Only the students who are receiving an award will attend the Award Ceremony on May 24. All other students will follow their normal schedule.
May 17 is a school holiday, therefore, our school will be closed. We hope you enjoy the long weekend and the Spring weather!
We are thankful for your partnership and are looking forward to Growing Greatness this week!
Carolyn Ansley, Principal
Monday, May 10
- Advisory Day
- Varsity Softball Area Game vs.Burleson Centennial @Cleburne, 3 PM (game 3)
Tuesday, May 11
- Flex Day
Wednesday, May 12
- Flex Day
- Freshman End of Year Awards Ceremony was RESCHEDULED FOR MAY 24 (due to weather)
- National School Nurse Day
Thursday, May 13
- Flex Day
- Varsity Baseball Area Game vs. Burleson @Boswell, 7:00 PM (game 1)
Friday, May 14
- Flex Day
- Freshman Capstone Projects are Due
- Varsity Baseball Area Game vs. Burleson @Boswell, 7:00 PM (game 2)
Saturday, May 15
- Varsity Baseball Area Game vs. Burleson @Boswell, 12:00 PM (game 3)
Mark Your Calendar!
May 17: School Holiday
May 24: Freshman End of Year Awards Ceremony, 6:00 - 7:30 PM (Only the students who are receiving an award will attend the Award Ceremony.)
May 25: 1st Period Spring Semester Exams
May 26: 2nd, 3rd, and 7th Period Spring Semester Exams
May 27: 4th, 5th, and 6th Period Spring Semester Exams
May 27: Last Day of School/Early Release
June 22-25: STAAR Re-Testing Dates
Registration for the 2021-2022 School Year is Now Open!
Registration for the 2021-2022 school year will open on Monday, April 19. This is for all students, returning or new, in all grades. If you’ve lived in the district for at least a couple of years, you’ll remember we typically send home a commitment form for you to fill out in the spring to let us know if your child will be returning, and then you complete registration during the summer months. Because we are such a fast-growth district, completing registration now will help us know which students are returning next year so we can reserve that spot for your student and also staff appropriately for their campus. You can find information for registering all other students at aledoisd.org/register.
End of Year Parent Survey begins May 10
The Aledo ISD is partnering with Panorama Education to launch end-of-year surveys for parents, staff, and select students about their experiences with and perceptions of the Aledo ISD. The results of this survey - which is similar to other end-of-year surveys the district has previously conducted - will help us identify strengths and areas for growth.
On Monday, May 10, Aledo ISD parents and guardians will receive a unique link via email from Panorama Education. Your participation is completely confidential, which means that no one at your school will ever see your individual responses. Please complete your parent survey by Friday, May 28.
You may use a computer, tablet or smartphone to access the survey. If you have trouble accessing the online survey, please contact Panorama Education at email@example.com. If you do not receive the survey email by Monday afternoon, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Since the survey email will come from Panorama Education and not the Aledo ISD, you may need to check your spam or “other” folder if it hasn’t been delivered to your primary inbox.
Parents of students in 5th grade and above: Aledo ISD 5th-12th graders will be surveyed during the school day. Fifth-grade students will take the student survey the week of May 18, while students in sixth-through-12th grades will take the student survey the week of May 18 or May 24.
Thank you for your participation in the Aledo ISD Parent Survey. We appreciate your honest feedback.
- Aledo ISD Communications
FM 5 Closure Update
The latest update we've received is that the final road topping is being installed Friday morning at FM 5 and Learners Lane near the new Annetta Elementary. Pending TxDOT review and approval, the road will reopen as soon as possible.
We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. We will communicate with you as soon as FM 5 has been reopened.
Mr. Michael Corley - World History/Athletics
An alum of Aledo HS, Coach Corley attended Abilene Christian University for his undergraduate degree and then later earned his Masters in Education from UT Arlington. He taught at AMS for several years, joined the DNG staff this year, and is teaching World History and coaching. He was inspired to work in education by a number of teachers and coaches at AHS. In his spare time, he enjoys building projects and he would like to visit Italy and Greece. If he could have a superpower, he’d like to have the ability to fly.
Summer Acceleration Courses
If your student is interested in Summer Acceleration Courses through Aledo I.S.D., please visit our counselor web page to learn more. You will find a video, explaining the courses offered and process for registering, as well as the link to all of the necessary forms: https://www.aledoisd.org/domain/183
- Shorts & Skirts must be mid-thigh
- Midriff may not be exposed
- Hats are not permitted in the building
- Tank top straps must be at least 2 inches in diameter (no spaghetti straps)
- Undergarments may not be exposed
Thank you for your support!
Your student will need to provide evidence that they are a student enrolled in a public, private, or home school and have been attending school for at least 90% of the time. A VOE form is issued by our office.
To Request a VOE Form:
- Your student will scan the QR code in the front office.
- They will need to complete the linked Google form.
- The VOE will be available the following day and can be picked up at the front office. The form will need to be signed by your student and witnessed by office staff.
School Picture Information
- Proofs have been emailed from Glamourcraft.
- Click https://glamourcraft.com then click "Order Online, Pk-11," and enter the code you were emailed.
- All packages will be shipped directly to your home and are 100% guaranteed.
- In order to ensure you will receive your package, please verify that your home address is correct when you purchase
- If you did not receive an email, please contact Glamourcraft at 817-923-9901.
Click on the Picture Below to Nominate an Outstanding DNG Staff Member!
Updated School Calendar
The Aledo ISD Board of Trustees approved an updated 2020-2021 Instructional Calendar in December, adding two new teacher workdays/student holidays in the Spring semester.
COVID Health and Safety Reminders
As we move into cold and flu season and begin to see an uptick in positive COVID-19 cases amongst our students and staff, please be reminded of the health and safety protocols in Aledo ISD's Return to Learn Plan:
- Parents of all students must screen children for symptoms and take the temperature of each of their children before their child attends school every day. Students who have an elevated temperature above 100.4 OR have any COVID-related symptoms must report the symptoms to their campus nurse and stay home. Please do not send students to school with symptoms. For Daniel Ninth Grade, our nurse is Danielle Barnes (email@example.com).
- All students shall wear face coverings at all times while on Aledo ISD property that social distancing, maintaining six feet of distance, is not possible. Face coverings should cover both the nose and mouth of the user.
Aledo ISD COVID-19 Dashboard
Aledo ISD is tracking COVID-19 cases within our school Community. To do this we need your help – if your child ever tests positive for COVID-19 or shows symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or has close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please click this link to complete our AISD COVID Reporting form. Our data will only be as accurate as what is reported to us. Please help us keep our entire community healthy and safe by providing this information as soon as it becomes known to you. To view the Aledo ISD COVID Dashboard, please click here.
How do I request for my student to move to remote learning?
How do I check my student out for an appointment or early release?
Daniel Ninth Grade Campus is currently closed to visitors. We understand at times, however, it may be necessary for you to pick up your student for an appointment. Please allow for a few extra minutes when picking up your student as we are using a new check out system and have new processes in place. We kindly ask that you follow these procedures when picking up your student:
- Pull up to the student pick up/drop off area in front of our main doors.
- Once you enter the building, please remain in the lobby area. Our office staff will greet you and ask to scan your ID. You can also call our office at 817-441-4504 to let us know you are here. If it is during a passing period, we ask that you please wait outside until the students have exited the building.
- We will then call your student’s teacher to notify them that you are here to pick them up.
How do I report a student absence?
Thank you, parents, for doing a great job of communicating student absences with our office staff and for keeping your child home when they are not feeling well.
If your child is sick or will not be at school for any other reason, please call the school at
(817) 441-4504 or email Sarah Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org to report an absence.
Any student or staff who tests positive for COVID-19 or shows symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or has close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please complete the AISD COVID-19 Reporting Form.
How do I request a district device?
Your child will need access to a laptop or Chromebook in order to complete assignments in Canvas both at home and school. Please visit the following link if you would like to learn more about checking out a Chromebook from the Aledo ISD Technology Department: https://www.aledoisd.org/Page/4320
Ascender Student Portal
1. Go to the Aledo ISD home page and click on Parents and Students at the top of the page. Then click on Student Portal Link on the left side of the page. (You can also go to the link directly: https://tinyurl.com/y5knvfwa)
2. Click on Create Account
3. Enter your student ID number, date of birth, and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.