Calendar of Upcoming Events
May 1st: 1st grade Field Trip
May 1st and 8th: Positive Parenting Program
May 2nd: Chinese Acrobats Assembly
May 7th-11th: Staff Appreciation Week
May 7th-11th: Parent Conferences- Early Dismissal: 1st-3rd at 1:10 p.m., 4th-6th at 1:15 p.m., No change for Kinder
May 8th and 9th: Talent Show Try Outs
May 10th: Family Life Parent Preview for 4th-6th grades 2:00-3:00 p.m.
May 11th: Family Dinner and Raffle
May 12th: Saturday School
May 17th: Skating Plus
May 21st- June 5th: State Testing for 3rd-6th grades
May 23rd: Family Literacy Night
May 28th: Memorial Day- No School
June 20th: Sandcastle Day
June 21st: Sixth Grade Graduation Ceremony
June 21st: Last day of School, Minimum Day Dismissal at 11:00 a.m.
Parking on Thursdays
1) Be sure your child gets a good night's sleep. When children are tired they cannot do their best.
2) Be sure students eat a healthy breakfast.
3) Please be sure students are on time. Testing will begin first thing in the morning, and students need to hear all of the directions which they may miss if they are late. Being late is stressful for students. We want them to feel calm and confident!
4) Please encourage your students to take their time and do their best. There is no time limit. Some students may tend to rush through to finish quickly, however, the questions require thoughtfulness. This is not a race.
5) Encourage your kids. Acknowledge that the test may be hard, but they have learned so much, grown so much and it is an opportunity for them to demonstrate their progress this year.
Thank you for your support!