The Legislative Branch
By: Madeline Cameron,Mallory Jarka, & Riley Haines
-The senate approves or rejects the people the president chooses to fill key jobs.
-The senate must approve the presidents choice of federal judges.
Your Age and Salary
-They have to decide if a law is good, bad or unconstitutional.They can overrule the presidents decision if over 2/3 of the Senate decides it is a good law
- They have to decide whether or not to start a war and if so, 2/3 of Congress has to agree
- The senate has 100 members and there are two from each state
- You have to be at least 30 years old to be a member of the senate
- They earn $168,411 a year
The House of Representatives
- They get elected for a two year term
-They have to be a U.S. member for 7 years
- There is 435 members in the House
- They have to be at least 25 years old