Home of the Aledo Bearcat E-News
April 29, 2021 • aledoisd.org
FM 5 Closure will continue through Early Next Week
Due to the current and continued forecast of rain, the FM 5 closure near the new Annetta Elementary will continue through early next week. The stretch of road being worked on must dry out before the final steps of tying in Learners Lane can be completed.
As this is extending beyond the originally planned closure, we are aware that this causes a significant inconvenience for members of our community. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. We will communicate an update to you as soon as we have more information.
Registration for 2021-2022 School Year Now Open!
TIPS FOR SUCCESSFUL REGISTRATION:
- Register from a laptop or desktop computer, not a mobile device/phone.
- Have your documents ready to go! Your proof of residency must be a current utility bill that MUST SHOW your name, a due date and current address (the address MUST match your student's address). Click here for an example of a current utility bill. If you have a returning student, you may need to delete the proof of residency that was uploaded last year in order to upload a new, valid proof of residency. If the system will not take your proof of residency, the file size may be too large; you will need to resize the file or save it in a different format and try again.
- You will select your campus for next year in a drop-down menu. You must choose the school that your child is zoned to attend; we will adjust any transfers that were approved at a later date.
- If you need more detailed instructions, here are step-by-step instructions on how to set up an Ascender Parent Portal account, how to register your student and how to link your student in your account: English | Spanish
- If you need further help, please email email@example.com.
Election Day Saturday, May 1!
Election Day for local elections is Saturday, May 1. Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Important notice for Tarrant County residents: Registered voters living in the Tarrant County portion of Aledo ISD must cast their vote (for early voting and election day) at any voting site in Parker County; even though you live in Tarrant County, your ballot will include all of the races you’re eligible to vote on at this time (i.e., City of Fort Worth and Aledo ISD races).
Click here for Parker County Election Day information.
AHS Students to compete at uil state academic meet
We've got more Bearcats headed to STATE this weekend! Help us congratulate these outstanding students (pictured with their awesome teachers/sponsors) who will compete at the UIL State Academic Meet on Saturday:
- Luke Beall, Literary Criticism; Luke was 1st in district and regional competitions!
- UIL Social Studies Team: Lance Williams, Morgan Furlow, Ty McClure & Beall; This team won 1st in district and regional competitions!
- Olivia Caggiano, Headline, News, Editorial and Feature Writing; Olivia placed first in every journalism event at the district competition
Best of Luck!
Ladycats Softball Hosts Lake Dallas for First-Round Playoff Games Friday
Class 5A Bi-District Playoffs
Aledo Ladycats softball vs. Lake Dallas Doubleheader
- 10 AM & 1 PM
- Friday, April 30
- Aledo High School
- $5 adult and $3 student at the gate
- Game 3, if necessary, 7 p.m. Saturday at Lake Dallas
Baseball Coach Chad Barry Reaches Milestone Win
Congratulations Aledo High School head baseball coach Chad Barry on win No. 250! Aledo beat Wichita Falls High School 12-0 on Monday night for Barry's 250th win.
The Bearcats will host Wichita Falls High School on senior night at 7 p.m. on Friday, April 30, at the AHS baseball field.
Sweepstakes for AHS Bands
Help us congratulate all Aledo High School concert bands for receiving the highest ratings of Sweepstakes in the 2021 UIL Concert and Sight-Reading Evaluation!
- Wind Band conducted by Dexx Moore (his first directed UIL; with assistance from percussion director Scott Stephens)
- Symphonic Band conducted by Jake Albin, with assistance from percussion director Scott Stephens
- Wind Ensemble conducted by Joey Paul, with assistance from percussion director Scott Stephens
3 Bearcats Headed to State Track and Field Meet
Three Aledo High School boys student-athletes qualified for the UIL Class 5A State Track and Field Meet that will be held on Friday, May 7 after impressive performances at the Regional Track and Field meet last weekend.
- Ford Maberry, Pole Vault
Clay Murador, 400 Meters
- Tristan Thurman, High Jump
Congratulations NHS inductees!
228 Aledo High School sophomores and juniors were inducted into the National Honor Society on Monday night at Bearcat Stadium. Congratulations to these students who are committed to the values of scholarship, service, leadership and character.
Click here to view photos from the ceremony, and check back as more pictures will be added.
13 Student-Athletes Sign on Signing Day
Congratulations to these 13 student-athletes who signed a National Letter of Intent on Wednesday to play sports in college:
- Tristan Thurman, Ranger College, Baseball
- Ford Maberry, University of Mississippi, Track and Field
- Rocco O’Keefe, Butler Community College, Football
- Paige Crippes, St. Ambrose University, Track and Field
- Jenna Barouh, McMurry University, Soccer
- Allie Farmer, Weatherford College, Tennis
- Maddie Farmer, Weatherford College, Tennis
- Colton Campbell, Missouri Valley College, Baseball
- Ryland Yates, Austin College, Soccer
- Elijah Valencia, Tarleton State University, Football
- Ethan McBrayer, Texas Tech University, Football
- Sam Sisk, East Central College, Baseball
- Bridger Wilson, Ranger College, Baseball
Aledo Bond 2019 Picture of the Week
Have you been wondering what's going on behind the fencing at Aledo Middle School? This drone photo was taken last week, and it shows how construction crews have been busy relocating utility lines and prepping the site for the expansion and renovation of AMS. Keep up with the AMS 2019 Bond Project here.
New Summer Camps Added! Check out aledoisd.org/summercamps
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
The state has launched a new website that will help people search for locations where COVID-19 vaccines are available. Through the newly created Texas Public Health Vaccine Scheduler, people can register for a shot and be matched with the next available appointment at a nearby vaccination site. Texans without access to the internet can call 1-833-832-7067 between the hours of 7 a.m.-7 p.m. to find an available location and time slot.
Parker and Tarrant counties have reported having plenty of vaccines available; vaccinations are also available to anyone 16 years old and older as of March 29.
Individuals seeking the vaccine do not need to go to their doctor or PCP nor even get the vaccine in the area or county in which they live. Here is where you can find information about COVID-19 vaccines in Parker and Tarrant counties:
- Parker County Hospital District: Appointment slots for FIRST doses of COVID-19 vaccine open online on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 8 a.m. Appointments for your second dose will be scheduled when you receive your first dose. If you have difficulty accessing the website, call the Hospital District at 817-341-2520 to schedule an appointment. All vaccines will be given by appointment only.
- Tarrant County Public Health: click here to request vaccination appointment.
Thank you 2020-2021 Bearcat Backers!
Aledo ISD and the Aledo Education Foundation are partnering once again for the Bearcat Backer program, and we'd love your support!
As our district is #GrowingGreatness through exceptional experiences that empower learners for life, we are committed to fostering relationships and partnerships with our outstanding businesses and organizations to help support our Bearcats. Your partnership provides a direct investment and benefit to our Bearcat students and staff.
If your business is interested in joining our Bearcat Backers program, please visit our Bearcat Backers webpage that includes sponsorship levels as well as a commitment form to fill out.
Thank you to our 2020-2021 Bearcat Backers!
Gold Level Sponsors
Christi James - TWFG Insurance Services
JW Mechanical Systems
Silver Level Sponsors
ARK Family Dentistry
City of Aledo
City of Willow Park
Cook Children's Physician Network - Willow Park
East Parker County Chamber of Commerce
Paradigm Wealth Management - Christopher Roberts
Reading Friends Aledo
Slade & Nash
Your Personal Chef
Do you want to recognize an employee for going above and beyond and embodying #GrowingGreatness? Nominate them today for the Aledo ISD Circle of Greatness!
Please complete this form if a student or employee has ever tested positive, shown symptoms or been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19.