~ Hawley Elementary School Newsletter: March 6, 2022 ~
From the Desk of Mr. Moretti.....
Dear Hawley Parents/Guardians, Teachers, and Staff,
I am not comfortable saying COVID is over or we are out of the woods. I will say, however, that we are moving in the right direction and this week felt TERRIFIC! Masks became optional, students mixed classes in the Cafe, and Volunteers returned to Hawley. All we need is warmer weather and we are off to the races ;0)
Buckle up, stay seated, and keep your hands and feet in the car at all times, as you read on to find out What's Happening at Hawley .....
~ Relocation 2022-2023 ~
I created a Google Doc where parents can ask questions. I will provide answers as early as I have them and they also help me know the information parents are requesting. The link to the document is on our School Website under Announcements (Click HERE). All I ask is that you read all the previous questions and answers before posting, in case the topic has been addressed. Thank You~
Also, those families that attend EdAdvance (before and after school care), sign ups for next year are occurring now. All Hawley families should choose Hawley as their school location when they register for the Before and After School Programs. Then, as EdAvance finalizes decisions and figure out logistical details, they will update families with the information that you will need.
A Special Hawley Student
1st Grader, Maya, has made gift bags for the children of Ukraine. This most selfless act caught the eye of the local news. Check it out by Clicking HERE.
We are so Proud of you Maya!
~ Hawley PTA ~
New President(s) needed for Next Year
- We will need new PTA President(s) starting next year as our Co-Presidents's children are 4th graders and they are both moving on. Please consider stepping up and continuing the important work of the PTA.
- A Nominating Committee has been formed and they will share information soon on how to move forward if interested
- We can not have a PTA next year if these positions are not filled.
- Please reach out to me or the PTA with any questions that you may have
- This Thursday & Friday, 3/10-3/11, the PTA is bringing in Author, Terri Sorrentino (I AM a Bird on Candlewood Lake). Terri will meet with each grade level and discuss the writing process.
- Mon-Fri, 3/14-3/18: PTA Book Fair. This great even brings students and literature together. Parent Volunteers are welcomed and needed. Click HERE for information on schedules and signing up to Volunteer. Click HERE for more information about the Book Fair, including times they are open. A printed flyer will go home tomorrow (Monday)
Important Reminders / General Info
- Each student went home with 2 COVID tests boxes, let us know if you need more
- Grades 2-4 are raising money for Jump Rope for Heart. Your generosity is appreciated.
- Now that we are having Volunteers back in the building, remember to be able to Volunteer, you need to fill out a Volunteer Waiver Form. They are available on our Website under Parent Resources on the very top bar (Click Here).
- Thank you for your continued support and for all the kind words and messages. They truly keeps us going!
Dates to Remember
- THIS Wed, 3/9: 2-HR Delayed Opening for Teacher Professional Development (we open at 11:05am with drop off beginning at 10:45am)
- Thurs-Fri, 3/10-3/11: PTA Author Visit, Terri Sorrentino
- Mon-Fri, 3/14-3/18: Book Fair
- Thurs-Fri, 3/17-3/18: 3-Hr Early Release Days for Teacher Requested Parent Conferences