Covington Place Newsletter
May 15, 2016 - For Residents of Covington Place
LAST CALL FOR 2016 GRADUATES!
PLEASE SEND IN YOUR GRADUATE INFORMATION ASAP!
Next Sunday's Newsletter will feature our Class of 2016 graduates so please email the following information no later than noon on Saturday, May 21st to email@example.com:
- Graduate's Name
- School graduating from (and degree if college)
- Parent's Names
- School attending in the Fall (if graduating from High School)
- A clear JPEG photo of the graduate (must be in JPEG format)
CP POOL RULES - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Since Pool Season is always a busy time, it's the appropriate time to remind all residents of the POOL RULES.
The pool is "self-policed" by all residents who use the pool so if you see someone breaking the rules please go over to them and let them know that they need to correct their action immediately. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, then make note of their arrival or departure time from the gate and then report it to Sentry Management (you will be kept anonymous). They can use the gate stamp to determine who entered or departed from the pool at all times. You can also report the behavior to a Board Member and they can have the security video reviewed to determine who the person was that was not following the rules. The bottom line is that we all want to keep our pool in great condition for all residents to enjoy and therefore we must all follow the same rules of behavior.
POOL HOURS 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM [outside of these hours is trespassing]
· Children 12 and under may not use the pool without adult supervision. Adults are considered to be 16 years old or older.
· Diapered children must wear rubber pants or plastic swim pants and swim diapers to swim in the pool.
· NO solo swimming.
· NO glass of any kind allowed inside the gate in the pool area. NO exceptions.
· Please keep food and snacks confined to the tables, away from the pool. This includes drinks of any kind.
· NO diving!
· NO running. NO boisterous or rough play is permitted in the pool area.
· NO spitting, “spouting” of water or blowing of nose is allowed in the pool.
· NO skateboards, bicycles, roller skates, etc. allowed inside the gate in the pool area. NO exceptions.
· Persons with communicable or infectious diseases, rashes or sores should not use the pool.
· NO PETS allowed inside the gate or around the pool area. NO exceptions.
· Please limit the number and size of floatation devices. Only floats designed to accommodate one (1) person allowed.
· The Clubhouse telephone is provided for emergency use only.
· Profanity, improper behavior, vulgar remarks and obscene actions are prohibited. Violations by minors will be reported to their parents.
· All GUESTS MUST be accompanied by a homeowner to use the pool. You are not to give your key card to friends or relatives for them to use the pool without you being present. NO exceptions.
- Only FOUR (4) GUESTS allowed per household. NO exceptions.
· Use of TOBACCO PRODUCTS is not allowed inside the gate in the pool area or clubhouse. This includes any and all electronic smoking aids such as eCigs and Vapes. NO exceptions.
· Pool gate must remain closed and locked at all times for liability reasons. Please do not prop the door open as this will cause damage to the system.
· Tables are reserved for those who are eating and not to store your belongings.
· If an accident of the fecal kind should occur, pool must immediately be emptied, and the fecal matter should be removed. The pool company must also be notified, in the event a chlorine shock should be required. Please call the pool company immediately. The phone number is 770-389-999 an is also posted on the bulletin board in the covered area.
· There is a $25.00 charge for a replacement key card.
· Members causing property damage will be held financially responsible and will be prosecuted. The member will also be responsible for damages caused by members of their household or guests.
· No property or furnishing shall be removed from pool area or clubhouse.
· The pool area may not be reserved for private parties at any time. If you bring a party of over four (4) people to the pool without reserving the clubhouse for your party, you will be asked to leave.
· The Last person to leave the pool at the end of each day should do the following:
o Put umbrellas down to closed position
o Pick up after yourself
o Turn off lights, close gate
There is a $25 reactivation fee if your keycard is deactivated for an overdue HOA account.
***Infractions of pool rules may result in a temporary suspension of pool privileges. This includes smoking, use of glass, vandalism, and trespassing.***
HOW DO I GET A POOL KEY?
SUMMER SWIM LESSONS SIGN-UP INFORMATION
For those parents who are interested in having your child(ren) take swim lessons at the CP Pool this summer, here is the information from our instructor, Joey Ellwanger. If you are interested, you must correspond directly with Joey for any questions, etc. you may have.
Starting after Memorial Day weekend, and the first date will be as soon as we can get a class of at least 3 students.
Lessons: (ages 3-12)
Group Rate is $50: Monday, Wednesday, Friday for two week sessions. (6 45-minute lessons)
Private Rate is $100 for 3 hours of total lessons. (Can split into 30-minute, 45-minute, or 1-hour lessons)
The times will be somewhat flexible, but most likely in the morning or early afternoon. After enough people sign up, we can work out the specifics. Also, this is the email I'll use this summer. My information is below
Joey is well known in the local community as a stand out swimmer at Eastside High, a long-time life guard at the YMCA, and as a collegiate swimmer at Berry College.
Free Lunch-time Concerts on the Square
CONCERTS OFFERED BY THE ARTS ASSOCIATION
SUMMER CAMPS OFFERED BY ARTS ASSOCIATION
Summer Camps Offered at CEC
SUMMER STUDENT DRIVER INFORMATION
ACTIVE PEST CONTROL - www.activepestcontrol.com
OFFICIAL HOA ADVERTISING DISCLAIMER
2016-2017 BOARD MEMBERS CONTACT INFO:
Feel free to contact any Board Member with any questions you may have regarding our neighborhood. They are here to serve you and our community. Their email addresses are just below their photos.
Term expires in 2018
IMPORTANT CP HOA PHONE NUMBERS:
- Subdivision Services - 678-284-0244 - contact them for these items: obtain/replace a pool/tennis key card, report/respond to covenant violations, report issues at the pool/tennis courts/playground, anything related to safety/security, etc.
- Grace Management - 770-389-6528 - contact them for these items: your HOAButler account, anything to do with your HOA account, etc.
Architecture Review Applications (ARA) - go to HOAButler or contact Sentry at AtlantasouthARC@sentrymgt.com
Mailbox Repair/Replacement - The HOA Board is working with Sentry to obtain a new approved mailbox installation/repair/replacement company for Covington Place. In the meantime, please contact Ed Winnicki on the HOA Board.
Clubhouse Rental - Kaye Plitt, the clubhouse is available to all residents to rent for private parties; no corporate events or non-resident parties allowed; $75 fee during Pool Season, $50 fee during remainder of year; Rules & Regulations available from Kaye; some restrictions on dates/times of availability; 404-606-8062, firstname.lastname@example.org
Green Vehicle Stickers - Send email to email@example.com and provide street address and number of vehicles; place them on the rear window of each vehicle; they are available for golf carts too and should be placed on the windshield
Social Committee - Brooke Woodall, firstname.lastname@example.org
Collins Pool Services - 770-389-9999 - to report any problems with the pool during Pool Season (ex. chemicals, cleanliness, fecal matter, etc.)
Tennis Courts are accessed via the same Pool Card that opens the pool gate. The tennis courts are available for residents and their guests only. Guests must be accompanied by a resident at all times. Leagues or Teams are not allowed. Rules of etiquette were included in the HANDBOOK so please refer to them if you have any questions.
Street Light Outage - City of Covington, 770-385-2000, use Option '0' and speak to a Customer Service Agent to report the outage and have a repair ticket created.
FREE ADS FOR RESIDENTS WHO OWN A BUSINESS
Our HOA offers residents who own a business the opportunity to reach over 340+ resident email addresses via our Newsletter and our Facebook Page.
Here's how it works:
For Residents who own a business:
- No charge to run an Ad
- A print-ready Ad in JPEG format is required
- We'll run it several times if requested
For Non-Residents to place an Ad:
- $25 to run 4 times
- A print-ready Ad in JPEG format is required
- Payable in cash or check payable to CPHOA. Payment sent c/o Susie Keck, 8110 Crestview Drive, Covington 30014
All Ad JPEGS must be emailed prior to any Saturday to email@example.com in order to be placed in the next issue of the Newsletter. Please make sure that your Ad is clear and legible before sending your JPEG.
Paid for Ads will be posted to our FB Page by someone on our Communications Team only. If an Ad appears on our FB Page that doesn't belong to a resident and hasn't been pre-paid for, it will be deleted.
GREEN VEHICLE STICKERS
If you do not have a Green Vehicle Sticker on each of your vehicles, please REPLY to this email providing your Name, Street Address, and the Number of Vehicles you have and they will be delivered to your mailbox. Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like a sticker for your golf cart too, please make that request as this is a great idea since many residents drive their golf carts to the pool.
OVERNIGHT VISITORS & CAMPERS/RVs PARKED IN THE STREET or AT POOL PARKING LOT - VISITOR PARKING PASS REQUIRED - NO EXCEPTIONS
Leaving unmarked cars parked in the Pool Parking Lot during the day or overnight is not allowed. If vehicles do not have a Green Vehicle Sticker on them then they MUST have a Visitor Parking Pass on them to keep from being towed.
If you need a Visitor Parking Pass Template, please email email@example.com and one will be emailed back to you.
HAS ANYONE NEW MOVED IN NEXT DOOR TO YOU?
Also, please ask them to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the Newsletter and receive green vehicle stickers.