created by: Kari, Sean, John, and Tommy
Benjamin Franklin's Biograhy
Benjamin Franklin's Obstacle
Money has never made man happy, nor will it, there is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more of it one has the more one wants. -Benjamin Franklin
Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning. -Benjamin Franklin
2. Created first Volunteer fire department
3. Aided in the repeal of the Stamp Act
4. Invented the lightning rod
5. He created the first political cartoon published in the U.S
6. Invented the Bifocals
7. He was part of the committee of five that drafted the Deceleration of Independence
8. He played an important role in getting french assistance in the revolution
9. He was the first postmaster general
10. instrumental in the establishment of the University of Philadelphia
Benjamin's 13 virtues
2. Silence- Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
3.Order- Let all your things have their place; let each part of your business have its time.
4. Resolution- Resolve to preform what you ought; preform without fail what you resolve.
5. Frugality- Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
6. Industry- Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
7. Sincerity- Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and, if you speak, speak accordingly.
8. Justice- Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
9. Moderation- Avoid extremes; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they would.
10. Cleanliness- Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, clothes or habitation.
11. Chasity- Rarely used venery but for health or offspring; Never to dullness, weakness, or the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
12. Tranquility- Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or avoidable.
13. Humility- Imitate Jesus and Socrates.
Benjamin's Life Theme
The Electric Ben Franklin. "A Quick Biography of Benjamin Franklin." The Electric Ben Franklin. N.p., 4 July 1995. Web. 18 Mar. 2016. <http://www.ushistory.org/franklin/info/>.
History. "Benjamin Franklin Videos." Hisotry. History, n.d. Web. 18 Mar. 2016. <http://www.history.com/topics/american-revolution/benjamin-franklin/videos/meet-benjamin-franklin>.
- - -. "11 Surprising Facts about Benjamin Frankin." History. History, n.d. Web. 18 Mar. 2016. <http://www.history.com/news/11-surprising-facts-about-benjamin-franklin>.
McKay, Brett and Kate, ed. "The Virtuous Life: Wrap up." The Art of Manliness. The Art of Manliness, 1 June 2008. Web. 18 Mar. 2016. <http://www.artofmanliness.com/2008/06/01/the-virtuous-life-wrap-up/>.
Youtube. "Benjamin Franklin for Kids." Youtube. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Mar. 2016. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmdyKiwMJ78>.