What is it?
Why is Child Abuse is a major problem?
It is a proven fact that children who are abused have an average life expectancy of two decades shorter than children who do not experience abuse. The Financial Impact of child neglect and abuse is very high. In 2008, the cost for health care costs, special education costs, child welfare expenditures, and criminal justice expenditures, together cost $124 billion, which is enough to send 1.7 million people to college.
What you can do
- National Children's Alliance- http://www.nationalchildrensalliance.org
- Childhelp- https://www.childhelp.org
- Starbright Foundation- https://starbrightfoundation.org
- Alliance for Children- http://www.allianceforchildren.org
- Prevent Child Abuse- http://preventchildabuse.org
- International Society for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect- http://www.ispcan.org
- Darkness to Light- http://www.d2l.org/site/c.4dICIJOkGcISE/b.6035035/k.8258/Prevent_Child_Sexual_Abuse.htm#.Vy33PGB86fQ
- Blue Sunday- http://www.bluesunday.org
- Joyful Heart Foundation- http://www.joyfulheartfoundation.org
- Family Compass- https://www.family-compass.org