Chapel of the Cross Faith & Family
Family Bible time for the week of April 12-April 18
Welcome to Chapel's Faith & Family!
Easter changes everything! Our sin separates us from God and condemns us. But Jesus went to the cross, suffered, and died in our place. On Easter morning He arose, proclaiming victory over sin and death! Because He lives, one day we too will live forever with Him in heaven!
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!
1 Corinthians 15:56-57
What Is Easter?
Opening with Ken and Denny
Bible Lesson: Jesus Is Risen!
- Open your family Bible or a Children's Bible Storybook and read this account together OR
- Read this account using an online Bible (Biblegateway.com) Matthew 28:1-10 OR
- Listen to the Bible account being read using the video below.
Talk about it
- What were the women expecting to find that Easter morning? What did they find instead?
- What was the angel's message to the women?
- Who else appeared to the women, and what did He tell them?
- The women ran to share the news of Jesus' resurrection. How can you "go and tell"?
The women went to the tomb expecting to find a dead body to anoint with spices. Instead, the women were surprised by an earthquake, a dazzling angel, and an incredible message for them: "Don't be afraid, Jesus is not here--He has risen! Go quickly and tell His disciples!"
Then the women got another surprise--Jesus Himself appeared to them! They fell onto His feet and worshiped Him as their Lord and God. Jesus told them not to be afraid, but to go and tell His disciples that He would meet them in Galilee.
The Lord has risen! Luke 24:34
Things To Do Together
The Lord's Prayer
Bible Lesson: Concordia Publishing House
Chapel of the Cross--Lutheran
Our Core Values:
- Empowered by the cross of Christ
- People working together
- Opening the Word to all people
- Showing the love of Jesus
- Warm and supportive environment