OCTOBER Huskie Howl
October 1, 2022
OCTOBER HUSKIE HOWL
NOTE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
Hello SBE Families!
October is Bullying Awareness month. We will have a variety of videos and handouts for kids to learn more about identifying bullying behavior and what to do if they experience bullying or see it happening at our school.
We also started our Afterschool program. The kids are involved in a variety of awesome activities! Some activities include, beginners Spanish, no bake recipes, building model cars and more! The program will run through April. The kids are excited, so thanks for letting them take part in this fun!
We really need your input on how to improve our school. The deadline for our school survey is October 7th. Here's the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Emmett_ISD_HRS_Level_1_Parent_Survey
- Principal Christina Nava
UPCOMING EVENTS / CALENDAR
Oct. 14th - Huskie Hustle 1-3:15
Oct. 14th - PTO Fundraiser Starts Texas Roadhouse Rolls (Watch for more info...)
Oct. 19th - Online learning day
Oct. 19th - Parent/Teacher Conference @5-8:00 pm
Oct. 20th - Parent/Teacher Conference @10-8:00 pm
Oct. 20-21st - No School
Oct. 23-31 Red Ribbon Week (See Dress Up Days below)
Oct. 26th - Picture Retakes @9:30-10:30
Oct. 28th - Trunk or Treat
Keep Toys, Valuables, and Trading Cards at Home
Please remind students that toys, trading cards like Pokemon cards and other valuables are a distraction as we are learning. Keep these items at home.
NOTE FROM THE SCHOOL NURSE
Many parents are asking if they should keep their sick child at home. Please consider these guidelines:
* Fever greater than 100.0° F: The child can return to school after he/she has been fever free for 24 hours (without fever-reducing medicine such as Tylenol or Motrin).
* Diarrhea/Vomiting: A child with diarrhea and /or vomiting should stay at home and return to school only after being symptom-free for 24 hours.
* Persistent Cough &/or sore throat: Please consider keeping them home especially if they are unable to participate in class.
Keeping a sick child home prevents the spread of illness in school and allows the child an opportunity to rest and recover. Please call the school nurse if you have questions.
NOTE FROM THE SCHOOL COUNSELOR
Sign up Today for the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. A Parent Portal Account will give you access to pay for Lunches Online, view Student Attendance, view Student Grades (4th and 5th Grades), and receive School Correspondence. Call the School Office if you need assistance with getting logged into your parent portal.
PARENT PICK UP PROCEDURES
For safety reasons, we have moved staff parking to the lot on the corner of Idaho and Mesa, We ask that parents not park in the staff parking so students and parents are not crossing traffic and in between moving cars.
When pulling up in the pick up line DO NOT exit the car, if your student needs extra help, park in the lot closest to the school. This is safest method for all students and keeps the traffic from gathering on Idaho Blvd.
We are working on a few more safety features and will communicate in Monday folders and in our newsletter. Thanks again for helping us keep our students safe!
- Email the PTO at email@example.com with any curiosities or suggestions you have.
- Stay up-to-date with PTO volunteer opportunities and event reminders on our social platforms.
- Sign up to receive text messages from the PTO for events, activities, reminders, and more!
- Check out our NEW & IMPROVED webpage on the Shadow Butte website as a resource for getting invovled.
Huskie Hustle 10/14
We need volunteers for set-up/take down, manning the water table, and helping with the bubble tunnel for the event. Use this form to indicate which shift you can assist with.
P/T Conference Meals 10/20
Help support our amazing educators during Parent/Teacher Conferences by signing up to make a meal. Use this form to sign up for an item to bring. All items need to be delivered to Shadow Butte by 2:30 PM on Thursday and pick up of items will be the following Monday.
*A book fair will be held during conferences. Be sure to stop by during these dates/times:
- 10/19 from 5 PM - 8 PM
- 10/20 from 10 AM - 8 PM
Trunk or Treat 10/28
Parents and/or local business owners are encouraged to decorate a vehicle or donate candy (600 pieces or more) for our annual Trunk or Treat event. The event kicks off at 2:00 PM (participants will set up their vehicle at 1:00 PM). Direct any questions to Teresa Zufelt @ (208) 365-0877 ext. 1355 or Morgan Kimball @ (208) 869-5475.
- Join us for the next PTO meeting on Tuesday, October 25th @ 5:30 PM in the Shadow Butte library.
- During October's meeting we will be voting for our new Events Coordinator position
- If you missed our last meeting, review the takeaways for more information:
- The first Shadow Butte/Domino's Pizza Dough Night is on October 6th.
- We will be selling Texas Roadhouse rolls & honey butter for our fall fundraiser.
- PTO Profits:
- Rolls cost $6/dozen and honey butter for a cost of $2/6 oz. per serving
- $3 of the $6 roll sale goes directly back to the PTO
- $1 of the $2 butter sale goes directly back to the PTO
- Fundraiser Schedule:
- Selling starts October 14th - October 28th
- The PTO will pick up rolls on November 15th
- Parent pick up of rolls at Shadow Butte will tentatively be from November 15th - November 17th
- More information coming soon!