Indian Trail Facilities Update
From the Desk of Dr. Jacobs ...
We are nearing the completion of the turf installation. After meeting with the representatives this week, there are a few items that need to be finished before the project is considered "complete." Some of those things include completing paving, fixing damaged spaces, final grading, removing construction equipment, reseeding and other construction cleanup.
We look forward to celebrating the opening of our beautiful field with our families and our community! We will be sure to share an additional update with a day and time for the official ribbon cutting.
We are excited to share that a NEW track is in the works. It will be an eight lane, polyurethane surfaced track. This will be a three month process, so we are hopeful they will begin in March so that it will be ready for next school year. Unfortunately, this means that the boys soccer team and our track and field teams will not be able to use the field this year.
Here is a little bit more information about this project.
- This is a total redo. The old asphalt will be completely removed.
- About ten inches of dirt will be removed, just like the football field.
- Stone will be brought in and put down.
- A new eight lane track will be paved. The pavement needs thirty days to set.
- The pavement will be sealed to prevent water from getting underneath the track.
- A polyurethane surface will be sprayed down.