Tropical Rain Forest
The second largest rain forest in the world.
• It lies in the Congo River Basin.
• The rain forest covers 1/5th of the land surface of Africa and touches 37 countries.
• The annual rainfall is over 17 feet.
• There is a large variety of animals found in this region.
• Trees are so thick and tall that sunlight never reaches the forest floor!
• The trees grow hundreds of feet tall.
• Unfortunately, this rain forest has shrunk due to deforestation.
Rain Forest Region
Is bordered by the savanna to the north and south!
The Rain Forest
Has over 10,000 species of tropical plants!
Is a growing concern in the region!