Volume 1 Issue 22
Points to Ponder
Thought of the Week: There is clear evidence that five years of learning from above average teachers would erase the academic effects from poverty. -Eric Jensen
Fun-day Tuesday: We are raising funds for Safe Place this week! Safe Place provides immediate help and access to youth in need. It designates schools, fire stations, gas stations (several local QT stations) as places where youth can get the safety, security and immediate help they need. Several district administrators (Mr. Griffin included) are playing in a charity kickball game during the Come See Me festival to support Safe Place and they could use our financial support. If you pay $1 on Tuesday, you can wear jeans. There will be a donation container in the front office with Mr. Finch. Thank you in advance for your support.
Spring Break Loss
- Stephanie Southwood, mother of Kyle Southwood (1st grade) (older siblings including sister Kayla most recently, also attended FMES) passed away unexpectedly.
- Mr. Griffin lost his grandfather.
- A student at NFHS took his own life.
One of the things that the FMSD prides itself on is the community support and family focused atmosphere of the district. Let's keep this in mind as we lift these families up in prayer.
In addition, Mrs. Malisa Boulware (Kindergarten Assistant) has resigned effective immediately. With 3 young children at home and 1 in school, Mrs. Boulware will stay at home to raise her children. We wish her the best! We will fill Mrs. Boulware's position with a substitute for the remainder of the year.
Spring Break Gains
- The elementary principals will be in the building Thursday from 10-1. We will be in Dr. Myers' room. Please keep this in mind as you travel down the green hallway throughout the day.
- We will begin to interview for our available classroom positions next week. If you know of anyone that is interested in working at FMES, they need to submit their application via Applitrack before this Friday. If they are looking to transfer within the district, please have them send me an email regarding their intentions.
- As a reminder, middle school students are not allowed to job shadow on the elementary level. If you are contacted by a high school student that would like to job shadow, I will allow you to make that decision. Just let me know if you are hosting someone.
- There will be a faculty meeting Wednesday.
Most Valuable Player
I would like to nominate Melissa White as MVP. Melissa has taken time to give a little extra TLC to a kindergarten student. Over the course of the year this student has grown to love Miss White and he looks forward to seeing her each day in the hallway. She cheers him on and encourages him to do his best. She has even given up some of her planning to have lunch with him. Melissa has been a positive force in this student's life.