Susan G Komen
Join us in the fight to end Breast Cancer!
How Much Money is raised to help the foundation?
- since 1982 $2.5 billion was raised for Breast Cancer Research
- $850 million is donated by the federal government each year
Why was the foundation started?
The foundation was started in honor of Susan G. Komen, the sister of the founder, Nancy Brinker. Brinker promised her dying sister she would do everything in her power to end cancer. The foundation helps fund Breast Caner research in more than 30 countries around the world.
How is the Susan G. Komen Foundation Helping?
- helped with earlier detection and more effective treatments
- the survival rate has gone up 25% since 1980
- more research is devoted to Breast Cancer research -the federal government donates $850 million to Breast Cancer research each year
- more survivors than ever before -3 million Breast Cancer survivors
Susan G. Komen. Susan G. Komen, 2014. Web. 16 Sept. 2014.
"Susan G. Komen Online Image." Susan G. Komen. Susan G. Komen, 2014. Web. 15
Sept. 2014. http://ww5.komen.org/.
"Susan G. Komen Philadelphia Online Image." komenphiladelphia.org. Susan G.
Komen Philadellphia, 2014. Web. 15 Sept. 2014.