- My apologies to those families who weren't on the original mailing list.
- Welcome to Year 1! I look forward to meeting parents and caregivers over the next few weeks. Year 1 is a very exciting time, building on the gains made in Kindergarten. All children have settled in well and are being reminded of our school values. We are currently learning about respect.
- Home reading will begin on Monday. The children will be given a selection of books to take home, to be returned each Friday. Other homework will begin during week 3. This will include spelling, maths, topic talks and computer activities. The children will be given choices in what they would like to complete, enabling homework to be completed in as short a time as possible, or longer if the children wish.
- Library will be on Thursdays.
- Sports uniforms can be worn on Fridays.
- Thank you to the parents who have sent in tissues and hand wash. It is much appreciated. Most children already have a paint shirt at school but please send one in if your child doesn't.
- We're going to use a new tool to share what we're learning in class called Seesaw. Your child will have his or her own learning journal, and you can get notified when your child adds new items. It's completely private -- only you can see your child's journal outside of class. Click on https://app.seesaw.me/s/147-833-386 to sign up. Once you sign up, you can download the Seesaw Parent app for iPhone or Android, or access your child's journal on the web.
- Parent information nights will be held shortly. Details will be given very soon.
- If you can help in the classroom in any way I would very much appreciate it.
- Please don't hesitate to see me before or after school, or by phone or email if you have any questions or concerns.
Regards, Kerrie Porter