Whispering Pines 5th Grade News
Weekly Newsletter April 18-22
April 22 - Super Kids Day
Please pay the $15 Activity Fee which can be found here.
Reusable water bottles (with water only) and earbuds are highly encouraged in the classroom.
- Math- page over Dividing decimals
- Reading Log
Super Kids Day Reminders
- 4th and 5th Grade will be from 1:00-2:30.
- Our lunch on Friday will be at 11:30.
- Please have your child wear tennis shoes and sunscreen.
- CONCESSION STAND ITEMS ARE $1 EACH EXCEPT FOR COTTON CANDY ($2).
- Concessions include Hot Dogs, Nachos, Takis, Chips, Candy, Cotton Candy, Pickles, Drinks, ICEE Slush Pops, etc.
- Teachers will have a checkout sheet at the end of Super Kids day, if you would like to check your child out, please see your child's teacher.
- If you plan to attend, please complete the Super Kids Day form located on the School Newsletter Here this will speed up your check in procedure.
Please send a 12 or 24 pack.
Middle School Course Selection Approval
Course selection has been completed with our incoming 6th grade student. You will receive an email from the district with a unique code to access Naviance and approve your child's plan. We have included instructions on how to reset your passwords Naviance Parent Password Reset and a tutorial for how to approve plans in Naviance can be found here.
You will have the opportunity to make changes to your student’s courses for the upcoming year in April and May during Course verification. Nevertheless, if you would like to update the current plan at this time, or have any questions please reach out to your child's future middle school counselor.
Humble Middle School Counselors
A-DIE: Alicia Narcisse- Alicia.Narcisse@humbleisd.net, 281-641-4081
DIF-LAB: Erin Gutierrez- Erin.Gutierrez@humbleisd.net, 281-641-4086
LAC-RAM: Maria Ingram- email@example.com, 281-641-4047
RAN-Z: Melissa Gomez- firstname.lastname@example.org, 281-641-4082
Panda Proud Shirt- order form
*Lunch- Our lunch time is 12:40, visitors must RSVP to 281-641-2500 in order to eat lunch with your child in the Commons area at school.
*Communication-Be sure you are connected to your child’s Class Dojo for parent/teacher communication as well as following us on Twitter (@wpepanda and @5thwpe) for updates on what we’re learning.
*We will have a communication log with behaviors sent home daily with your child in their take home folder. Please sign this every Thursday.
*Birthdays- Treats can be bought for the whole class from the cafeteria, or individually wrapped (rice krispie treats/Little Debbie snacks) Cupcake trays are not allowed.
Spirit Day-Wear your WPE or panda shirt or green for our Friday Classroom Spirit contest! Click here to order
Yearbooks-We are very excited to be able to have a yearbook this year! It is going to be AWESOME. Please pre-order your book to get the pre-order price! PRE-ORDER HERE
Contact the 5th Grade Teachers