The Wooster Way
A Peek at the Week
March 16, 2020
RESPECTFUL RESPONSIBLE COOPERATIVE
All students are treasured as we foster a continuous love of learning that promotes academic success while maintaining high expectations, a safe environment, and connections in our community.
WE are so proud of our DI (Destination Imagination) Team! These students are representing our school today at regionals in Little Rock!
Mrs. Miller's science classes used the sun and a prism to make a rainbow. The students learned that a prism works because the different colors of light travel at different speeds inside the glass.
Mrs. Walker and Mrs. Stevens took their Harry Potter Club for a lesson in Professor Snape’s potions class this morning
Gifted and Talented Information
UCA STEM Institute
A Very Special Talent & Art Show
Greenbrier Public Schools is pleased to host A Very Special Talent & Art Show, an event for students with disabilities in central Arkansas. Students age 5-21 served in an area school served with an IEP are eligible to participate and encouraged to apply using the link with the logo below as soon as possible. Paper copies of the application may be requested from the special services office. The deadline for applications is Tuesday, March 31, 2020.
The talent and art show will be held on April 25, 2020 in the Greenbrier Schools Fine Arts Center, located near Greenbrier High School at 72 Green Valley Drive. Every participant will receive an award for their performance or art entry, a t-shirt, and talent participants have the option of scheduling a complimentary hair and/or makeup session, donated by local stylists.
This year’s theme is Lights, Camera, Action, so participants will receive the “red carpet treatment.” The goal is to make each student feel like a star! Individuals interested in volunteering or donating for the show may email email@example.com.
- Parents please remember that morning car drop off begins at 7:30 a.m. Pickup begins at 3:20
- 6 cars at a time can pull up at the colorful planters
- Cell phones are not allowed to be used in vehicles on school campus when children are present.
- Instruction begins at 7:50 a.m.
- Tardy Bell rings at 8:00 a.m.
- The Nurse CANNOT give ANY medication, including Tylenol, Ibuprofen, or Benadryl without a prescription. The prescription has to be a filled prescription. It cannot be a written script accompanied by a store bought medication.
- We encourage you to come eat lunch with your child. Please invite only your student to the lunch table to eat with you.
1st: 11:00- 11:30
3rd: 12:00- 12:30
4th: 11:40- 12:10
5th: 12:40- 1:10
Please be mindful of the student dress code for students in grades 3-5. Students who are in violation of dress code will be asked to change and parents will be notified. You can find the dress code in the link below.
*March 23-27- Spring Break
*Tuesday, March 31- 3rd Grade TAG Field Trip
Weekly Podcast: "Wow in the World"
1. Tell me about a moment when you felt excited about what you learning today.
2. Was there a moment in class today when you felt confused?
3. What question do you have that came from your learning today?
4. Where there any moments when you felt proud of yourself today?
5. Tell me about a conversation you had with a classmate or friend.
6. What are you looking forward to tomorrow?
7. What did you learn about yourself today?
8. What did you appreciate about today?
9. What is something you learned today that challenged you?
10. Was there something you learned today that you want to know more about?
Meet Our Staff Members
First Grade Team
Second Grade Team
Third Grade Team
Fourth Grade Team
5th Grade Team
Check out the Partnership Place Parent Center
How Does the Partnership Place Parent Center Work?
- A teacher will fill a “prescription” out for your child with their need addressed (literacy/math and skill area)
- Find an activity or game you and your child would enjoy playing
- Take it to the Library to check out the item with Mrs. Stevens!
- You do NOT have to have a prescription to check out an item! Always feel free to take a look around, check out what you and your family would enjoy, and return for someone else to enjoy!
Principal: Amber Brantley
Assistant Principal: Nancy Redican
Secretary: Dianne Walls