The Wooster Way
A Peek at the Week
October 14, 2019
RESPECTFUL RESPONSIBLE COOPERATIVE
All students are treasured as we foster a continuous love of learning that promotes academic success while maintaining high expectations, a safe environment, and connections in our community.
Great Things are Happening at Wooster
5th grade Typing
Mrs. Burrows showed 5th graders a 1950's typewriter in Keyboarding!
Mrs. Freyaldenhoven took her class outside to enjoy the weather while playing recorders!
WE were so excited to see everyone cheer on the Panthers!
*November 1st- No School*
Flu Clinic Information
It's time to say BOO! To the FLU here at Woo!! Our annual FLU clinic is set for October 29th starting at 8:30.Registration and FERPA forms will be sent home soon. Please note that you must have the registration and the FERPA form turned in for your child to receive the vaccination. You may choose to preregister online at this link https://adhschoolfluprereg.arkansas.gov/WebsiteContent/Show-WebsiteContent-HomePage.aspx
Please note that you MUST print off this form and turn it in to Nurse Callie.
- Parents please remember that morning car drop off begins at 7:30 a.m. Pickup begins at 3:20
- 6 cars at a time can pull up at the colorful planters
- Cell phones are not allowed to be used in vehicles on school campus when children are present.
- Instruction begins at 7:50 a.m.
- Tardy Bell rings at 8:00 a.m.
- The Nurse CANNOT give ANY medication, including Tylenol, Ibuprofen, or Benadryl without a prescription. The prescription has to be a filled prescription. It cannot be a written script accompanied by a store bought medication.
- We encourage you to come eat lunch with your child. Please invite only your student to the lunch table to eat with you.
1st: 11:00- 11:30
3rd: 12:00- 12:30
4th: 11:40- 12:10
5th: 12:40- 1:10
Please be mindful of the student dress code for students in grades 3-5. Students who are in violation of dress code will be asked to change and parents will be notified. You can find the dress code in the link below.
* October 14-18- ACT Aspire Interim 1
*Thursday, October 17- Kindergarten Field Trip
*Saturday, October 19- Fall Festival Activities
*Tuesday, October 22- Paw Store
*Tuesday, October 22- Guest Speaker (K-2nd @ 8:30/3rd-5th @ 9:00)
*Tuesday, October 22- Early Dismissal @ 2:00
*Wednesday, October 23- Fall Festival King/Queen Practice
*Wednesday, October 23- 5th Field Trip
*Thursday, October 24- 1st 9 Weeks Awards Assembly
*Thursday, October 24- Early Dismissal @ 2:00 (Student-Led Conferences)
*Friday, October 25- Friday Fun Day Clubs
*Friday, October 25- Fall Festival King/Queen Practice
*Friday, October 25- 4th Grade Field Trip
*Friday, October 25- 1st Grade Field Trip
*October 28-November 1- Red Ribbon Week
*Tuesday, October 29- Wooster Flu Clinic
*Tuesday, October 29- Smokehouse Presentation (schedule sent soon)
*Thursday, October 31- Book Character Parade @ 8:45
*Thursday, October 31- Spirit Day @ 2:15
Weekly Podcast: "Wow in the World"
1. Tell me about a moment when you felt excited about what you learning today.
2. Was there a moment in class today when you felt confused?
3. What question do you have that came from your learning today?
4. Where there any moments when you felt proud of yourself today?
5. Tell me about a conversation you had with a classmate or friend.
6. What are you looking forward to tomorrow?
7. What did you learn about yourself today?
8. What did you appreciate about today?
9. What is something you learned today that challenged you?
10. Was there something you learned today that you want to know more about?
Meet Our Staff Members
First Grade Team
Second Grade Team
Third Grade Team
Fourth Grade Team
5th Grade Team
Check out the Partnership Place Parent Center
How Does the Partnership Place Parent Center Work?
- A teacher will fill a “prescription” out for your child with their need addressed (literacy/math and skill area)
- Find an activity or game you and your child would enjoy playing
- Take it to the Library to check out the item with Mrs. Stevens!
- You do NOT have to have a prescription to check out an item! Always feel free to take a look around, check out what you and your family would enjoy, and return for someone else to enjoy!
Principal: Amber Brantley
Assistant Principal: Nancy Redican
Secretary: Dianne Walls