The Wooster Way
A Peek at the Week
May 20, 2019
RESPECTFUL RESPONSIBLE COOPERATIVE
All students are treasured as we foster a continuous love of learning that promotes academic success while maintaining high expectations, a safe environment, and connections in our community.
Great Things are Happening at Wooster
Mr. Harris and his students are painting a mural in the hall. What an awesome collaborative project that is absolutely beautiful!
5th Grade Bell Ceremony
One of our favorite Wooster traditions!! Congratulations 5th grade!!
5th Grade Tours the Middle School
A wonderful welcome was given to our 5th graders while touring GMS!
MOVING ON UP! INFORMATION ABOUT 6TH GRADE.
Use the link below to view the screen cast from GMS counselor, Mrs. Buchanan.
AR Sales Tax Holiday
August 3 and 4, 2019
The Arkansas sales tax holiday for 2019 will begin on Saturday, August 3, 2019 at 12:01 am and will continue through Sunday, August 4, 2019 until 11:59 pm. Sate and local sales tax will not be collected during this 48-hour period on the sale of:
1 - Clothing and footwear if the sales price is less than one hundred dollars ($100) per item
2 - Clothing accessories and equipment if the sales price is less than fifty dollars ($50) per item
3 - School supplies
4 - School art supplies
5 - School instructional materials
See attached list for more information on what can be purchased tax free.
Summer Program Information
- Parents please remember that morning car drop off begins at 7:30 a.m. Pickup begins at 3:20
- 6 cars at a time can pull up at the colorful planters
- Cell phones are not allowed to be used in vehicles on school campus when children are present.
- Instruction begins at 7:50 a.m.
- Tardy Bell rings at 8:00 a.m.
- The Nurse CANNOT give ANY medication, including Tylenol, Ibuprofen, or Benadryl without a prescription. The prescription has to be a filled prescription. It cannot be a written script accompanied by a store bought medication.
- We encourage you to come eat lunch with your child. Please invite only your student to the lunch table to eat with you.
Student Lunch Accounts
*May 20- 4th 9 Weeks Awards Assembly
*May 20- Kona Ice (DI Fundraiser)
*May 21- 5th Fishing Derby
*May 21- Party in the Park (MAP testing incentive)
*May 22- Kindergarten Picnic
*May 24- Last Day of School (report cards sent home)
Weekly Podcast: "Wow in the World"
Below you will find a link to an NPR podcast aimed for students!
Listen with your children for science, health, interesting topics, and silliness with Guy Raz and Mindy!
Please be mindful of the student dress code for students in grades 3-5. Students who are in violation of dress code will be asked to change and parents will be notified. You can find the dress code in the link below.
Check out the Partnership Place Parent Center
How Does the Partnership Place Parent Center Work?
- A teacher will fill a “prescription” out for your child with their need addressed (literacy/math and skill area)
- Find an activity or game you and your child would enjoy playing
- Take it to the Library to check out the item with Mrs. Stevens!
- You do NOT have to have a prescription to check out an item! Always feel free to take a look around, check out what you and your family would enjoy, and return for someone else to enjoy!
Principal: Amber Brantley
Assistant Principal: Nancy Redican
Secretary: Dianne Walls