The Wooster Way
A Peek at the Week
January 13, 2019
RESPECTFUL RESPONSIBLE COOPERATIVE
All students are treasured as we foster a continuous love of learning that promotes academic success while maintaining high expectations, a safe environment, and connections in our community.
Great Things are Happening at Wooster
Mrs. Hartman’s enrichment class worked on developing classifying skills.
Practicing syllabication in first grade!
Mrs. Ellen & Mrs. Darling’s class are busy learning to tell time to the hour and half past the hour.
- Parents please remember that morning car drop off begins at 7:30 a.m. Pickup begins at 3:20
- 6 cars at a time can pull up at the colorful planters
- Cell phones are not allowed to be used in vehicles on school campus when children are present.
- Instruction begins at 7:50 a.m.
- Tardy Bell rings at 8:00 a.m.
- The Nurse CANNOT give ANY medication, including Tylenol, Ibuprofen, or Benadryl without a prescription. The prescription has to be a filled prescription. It cannot be a written script accompanied by a store bought medication.
- We encourage you to come eat lunch with your child. Please invite only your student to the lunch table to eat with you.
1st: 11:00- 11:30
3rd: 12:00- 12:30
4th: 11:40- 12:10
5th: 12:40- 1:10
Please be mindful of the student dress code for students in grades 3-5. Students who are in violation of dress code will be asked to change and parents will be notified. You can find the dress code in the link below.
*Monday, January 13- 2nd 9 Weeks Awards Assembly
*Monday, January 13- Report Cards Home
*Tuesday, January 14- PTO Meeting @ 3:45 in Cafe
*Friday, January 17- Friday Fun Day Clubs
*Monday, January 20- MLK Jr. Day- No School
*Thursday, January 23- Lil' Dribblers Performance @ 6:00
*Thursday, January 30- Class Pictures
*Thursday, January 30- Math/Science/Wellness Night
*Friday, January 31- Friday Fun Day Clubs
*Friday, January 31- Spirit Day @ 2:15
*Friday, January 31- Lil' Dribblers Performance @ 7:00
Weekly Podcast: "Wow in the World"
1. Tell me about a moment when you felt excited about what you learning today.
2. Was there a moment in class today when you felt confused?
3. What question do you have that came from your learning today?
4. Where there any moments when you felt proud of yourself today?
5. Tell me about a conversation you had with a classmate or friend.
6. What are you looking forward to tomorrow?
7. What did you learn about yourself today?
8. What did you appreciate about today?
9. What is something you learned today that challenged you?
10. Was there something you learned today that you want to know more about?
Meet Our Staff Members
First Grade Team
Second Grade Team
Third Grade Team
Fourth Grade Team
5th Grade Team
Check out the Partnership Place Parent Center
How Does the Partnership Place Parent Center Work?
- A teacher will fill a “prescription” out for your child with their need addressed (literacy/math and skill area)
- Find an activity or game you and your child would enjoy playing
- Take it to the Library to check out the item with Mrs. Stevens!
- You do NOT have to have a prescription to check out an item! Always feel free to take a look around, check out what you and your family would enjoy, and return for someone else to enjoy!
Principal: Amber Brantley
Assistant Principal: Nancy Redican
Secretary: Dianne Walls