The Wooster Way
A Peek at the Week
November 16, 2020
RESPECTFUL RESPONSIBLE COOPERATIVE
All students are treasured as we foster a continuous love of learning that promotes academic success while maintaining high expectations, a safe environment, and connections in our community.
Important: Please remember
*Cell Phones are not allowed to be used in vehicles on school campus when children are present.
Please help Wooster become a better school by filling out the following survey.
What's Happening at Woo?
WE Read as One kickoff.
TAG students stepping up to help with our food drive.
WE had a ribbon cutting ceremony for our Inchy’s Bookworm Vending Machine
- Information about the school day and the district's response to COVID-19 can be found here.
- The updated school calendar for the 2020-2021 school year can be found here.
- Drop off begins at 7:25 a.m. and pick up will begin at 3:20 p.m.
- Instruction begins at 7:40 a.m.
- New this year: If you are visiting to drop something off or check out a child, please remember to park in the front lot instead of using the lane in front of the school. This lane is now a dedicated bus lane. When you approach the door, please ring the bell.
- Cell Phones are not allowed to be used in vehicles on school campus when children are present
- Please remember that if you child has ANY medical needs, a new Doctors note will need to be provided each year. We cannot make accommodations until we have current medical documentation. Nurse Callie will be set up Monday morning at the second entryway to fill out paperwork, take documentation, as well as take medications. As a reminder, Nurse Callie cannot give any medications without a filled prescription. This includes over the counter medications such as Tylenol, Ibuprofen, antibiotics, Benadryl ect. Please call Nurse Callie at 501-679-8265 or email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
*Monday, November 16- Progress Reports Home
*Friday, November 20- WOO Spelling Bee
*Friday, November 20- Spirit Day
*November 23-27- Thanksgiving Break
*Monday, November 23- Blended Learning Day
*December 1-4- ACT Aspire Interim 2
*Friday, December 18- Spirit Day @ 2:15
December 23-January 5- Christmas Break
Hello! Here at school, we are about to be very busy learning
about, our new word of the month, empathy- what it means, and how we can show empathy to others! Learning happens best when it is done
both at school and at home. Below are many ways that you
can help your child continue to learn about the theme of
empathy through reading about it, talking about it, and
practicing it! We are about to begin exploring this topic at
school, and I hope your family will enjoy it just as much!
Help your child practice considering
the needs of others. When you are
watching TV or reading books, ask
your child what he/she thinks the
characters are feeling, and what they
might need in that situation. What
could you say or do to help that
Talk About It!
Here are some discussion points to help you talk about empathy with your
•What does it mean to be empathetic and why is it important?
•Is it easy or difficult for you to have empathy for others?
•Tell me about a time when you were empathetic towards someone else.
•Tell me about a time when someone else was empathetic towards you.
•What would the world be like if people considered the feelings of others more often?
•How can you tell how someone else may be feeling?
•How can you tell what someone else may need?
Read About It!
Here are some books to help you learn more about empathy:
•Hey, Little Ant by Hannah and Phillip Hoose
•What’s Wrong With Timmy? by Maria Shriver
•Everyone by Christopher Silas Neal
•The Journey by Francesca Sanna
Here for you,
Breakfast and Lunch Family Information Document
Check out the Partnership Place Parent Center
How Does the Partnership Place Parent Center Work?
- A teacher will fill a “prescription” out for your child with their need addressed (literacy/math and skill area)
- Find an activity or game you and your child would enjoy playing
- Take it to the Library to check out the item with Mrs. Stevens!
- You do NOT have to have a prescription to check out an item! Always feel free to take a look around, check out what you and your family would enjoy, and return for someone else to enjoy!
Principal: Amber Brantley
Assistant Principal: Nancy Redican
Counselor: Jordan Trexler
Secretary: Dianne Walls