The Wooster Way
A Peek at the Week
February 22, 2021
RESPECTFUL RESPONSIBLE COOPERATIVE
All students are treasured as we foster a continuous love of learning that promotes academic success while maintaining high expectations, a safe environment, and connections in our community.
What's Happening at Woo?
Information for current 5th grade parents with students interested in signing up for band next year.
Panther Cuisine Meal Pick Up Program:
The Panther Cuisine Meal program is a breakfast and lunch meal pick up program for Greenbrier students who are taking online classes through Greenbrier Academy or who have been quarantined through COVID-19. This curbside meal pick up service will be provided once per week at the Junior High Cafeteria on Thursdays from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm (Noon) in a drive-through format, with each student receiving five breakfasts and five lunches. Parents/Guardians may pick up meals without their children present. Panther Cuisine meals meet and follow guidelines per USDA regulations. Menus are subject to change based on availability. This program is free to Greenbrier students.
The following form must be completed by MONDAY at 12:00 pm (Noon) each week to request the total number of meals needed.
If you have any questions or concerns about any Child Nutrition Services, please don't hesitate to reach out to Sara Long, Child Nutrition Director at 501-679-8214 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any student not riding their regular bus must have a note that is signed by the office. We have several students each day that we are having to try and call parents to make sure they are going to the right place.
- Information about the school day and the district's response to COVID-19 can be found here.
- The updated school calendar for the 2020-2021 school year can be found here.
- Drop off begins at 7:25 a.m. and pick up will begin at 3:20 p.m.
- Instruction begins at 7:40 a.m.
- New this year: If you are visiting to drop something off or check out a child, please remember to park in the front lot instead of using the lane in front of the school. This lane is now a dedicated bus lane. When you approach the door, please ring the bell.
- Cell Phones are not allowed to be used in vehicles on school campus when children are present
- Please remember that if you child has ANY medical needs, a new Doctors note will need to be provided each year. We cannot make accommodations until we have current medical documentation. Nurse Callie will be set up Monday morning at the second entryway to fill out paperwork, take documentation, as well as take medications. As a reminder, Nurse Callie cannot give any medications without a filled prescription. This includes over the counter medications such as Tylenol, Ibuprofen, antibiotics, Benadryl ect. Please call Nurse Callie at 501-679-8265 or email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
*Wednesday, February 24- Class Pictures
*March 1-5- ACT Aspire Interim 3
*Wednesday, March 3- Spread the Word to End the Word Assembly
*March 15-19- Book Fair Week
*Monday, March 15- End of 3rd 9 Weeks
*Thursday, March 18- 3rd 9 Weeks Awards Ceremony
*Friday, March 19- Spirit Day/Dr. Seuss Day
*March 22-26- Spring Break
For the month of February we are celebrating and learning about the word DIVERSITY! In counseling class we are exploring what makes us unique and how to always be unregretfully ourselves. We are also learning to accept others and include everyone! WE cannot wait to see who will be our student of the months for February. These will be kiddos who live life being themselves, appreciate differences, & work hard to include others!
Here for you,
Check out the Partnership Place Parent Center
How Does the Partnership Place Parent Center Work?
- A teacher will fill a “prescription” out for your child with their need addressed (literacy/math and skill area)
- Find an activity or game you and your child would enjoy playing
- Take it to the Library to check out the item with Mrs. Stevens!
- You do NOT have to have a prescription to check out an item! Always feel free to take a look around, check out what you and your family would enjoy, and return for someone else to enjoy!
Principal: Amber Brantley
Assistant Principal: Nancy Redican
Counselor: Jordan Trexler
Secretary: Dianne Walls