The Wooster Way
A Peek at the Week
September 28, 2020
RESPECTFUL RESPONSIBLE COOPERATIVE
All students are treasured as we foster a continuous love of learning that promotes academic success while maintaining high expectations, a safe environment, and connections in our community.
- Information about the school day and the district's response to COVID-19 can be found here.
- The updated school calendar for the 2020-2021 school year can be found here.
- Drop off begins at 7:25 a.m. and pick up will begin at 3:20 p.m.
- Car Rider Parents, there are now screening questions on the columns where you pull up. Beginning at 7:25, please screen your child(ren) and let them out of the vehicle if the answers are "no".
- Instruction begins at 7:40 a.m.
- Car rider lines and bus lines have changed this year. Cars will enter and exit from Church Circle. Buses will enter and exit from our main entrance.
- New this year: If you are visiting to drop something off or check out a child, please remember to park in the front lot instead of using the lane in front of the school. This lane is now a dedicated bus lane. When you approach the door, please ring the bell.
- Cell Phones are not allowed to be used in vehicles on school campus when children are present
- Please remember that if you child has ANY medical needs, a new Doctors note will need to be provided each year. We cannot make accommodations until we have current medical documentation. Nurse Callie will be set up Monday morning at the second entryway to fill out paperwork, take documentation, as well as take medications. As a reminder, Nurse Callie cannot give any medications without a filled prescription. This includes over the counter medications such as Tylenol, Ibuprofen, antibiotics, Benadryl ect. Please call Nurse Callie at 501-679-8265 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
*Thursday, October 1- Fall Pictures
*October 1-5- 3rd-5th Grade ACT Aspire Interim 1
*Tuesday, October 20- End of 1st 9 Weeks
*Friday, October 23- Flu Clinic
*October 26-30- Red Ribbon Week
*Tuesday, October 27- 1st 9 Weeks Awards Assembly
*Thursday, October 29- Spirit Day
*Friday, October 30- Blended Learning Day
We are so excited to announce our very first Virtual Coffee with the Counselor! Please join me this Tuesday, September 29th @ 12pm in a Google Meet where I will be giving information on how to keep your child safe when using the internet! After a quick presentation, there will be time for Q & A! I hope to see you there, and if you cannot attend- the recording will be posted on Dojo!
Thanks for sharing your babies with us this year,
Breakfast and Lunch Family Information Document
1. Tell me about a moment when you felt excited about what you learning today.
2. Was there a moment in class today when you felt confused?
3. What question do you have that came from your learning today?
4. Where there any moments when you felt proud of yourself today?
5. Tell me about a conversation you had with a classmate or friend.
6. What are you looking forward to tomorrow?
7. What did you learn about yourself today?
8. What did you appreciate about today?
9. What is something you learned today that challenged you?
10. Was there something you learned today that you want to know more about?
Check out the Partnership Place Parent Center
How Does the Partnership Place Parent Center Work?
- A teacher will fill a “prescription” out for your child with their need addressed (literacy/math and skill area)
- Find an activity or game you and your child would enjoy playing
- Take it to the Library to check out the item with Mrs. Stevens!
- You do NOT have to have a prescription to check out an item! Always feel free to take a look around, check out what you and your family would enjoy, and return for someone else to enjoy!
Principal: Amber Brantley
Assistant Principal: Nancy Redican
Counselor: Jordan Trexler
Secretary: Dianne Walls