The Wooster Way
A Peek at the Week
May 24, 2021
RESPECTFUL RESPONSIBLE COOPERATIVE
All students are treasured as we foster a continuous love of learning that promotes academic success while maintaining high expectations, a safe environment, and connections in our community.
Parking for Track and Field at the City League Baseball Parking Lot
What's Happening at Woo?
2020/21 Teacher of the Year
Congratulations Mrs. Arnold!
GO GHS Soccer!
WE cheered on our GHS soccer teams as they left for state this morning!
Panther Cuisine Meal Pick Up Program:
The Panther Cuisine Meal program is a breakfast and lunch meal pick up program for Greenbrier students who are taking online classes through Greenbrier Academy or who have been quarantined through COVID-19. This curbside meal pick up service will be provided once per week at the Junior High Cafeteria on Thursdays from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm (Noon) in a drive-through format, with each student receiving five breakfasts and five lunches. Parents/Guardians may pick up meals without their children present. Panther Cuisine meals meet and follow guidelines per USDA regulations. Menus are subject to change based on availability. This program is free to Greenbrier students.
The following form must be completed by MONDAY at 12:00 pm (Noon) each week to request the total number of meals needed.
If you have any questions or concerns about any Child Nutrition Services, please don't hesitate to reach out to Sara Long, Child Nutrition Director at 501-679-8214 or email@example.com.
- Any student not riding their regular bus must have a note that is signed by the office. We have several students each day that we are having to try and call parents to make sure they are going to the right place.
- Information about the school day and the district's response to COVID-19 can be found here.
- The updated school calendar for the 2020-2021 school year can be found here.
- Drop off begins at 7:25 a.m. and pick up will begin at 3:20 p.m.
- Instruction begins at 7:40 a.m.
- New this year: If you are visiting to drop something off or check out a child, please remember to park in the front lot instead of using the lane in front of the school. This lane is now a dedicated bus lane. When you approach the door, please ring the bell.
- Cell Phones are not allowed to be used in vehicles on school campus when children are present
- Please remember that if you child has ANY medical needs, a new Doctors note will need to be provided each year. We cannot make accommodations until we have current medical documentation. Nurse Callie will be set up Monday morning at the second entryway to fill out paperwork, take documentation, as well as take medications. As a reminder, Nurse Callie cannot give any medications without a filled prescription. This includes over the counter medications such as Tylenol, Ibuprofen, antibiotics, Benadryl ect. Please call Nurse Callie at 501-679-8265 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
*Monday, May 24- 5th Grade Track & Field
*Tuesday, May 25- K Track & Field (rescheduled)
*Tuesday, May 25- 4th 9 Weeks Awards Ceremony
*Tuesday, May 25- 4th 9 Weeks Panther Store
*Tuesday, May 25- EOY Celebration K-5
*Wednesday, May 26- 4th Grade Picnic
*Wednesday, May 26- 5th Picnic/Bash
*Thursday, May 27- Kindergarten Screening 3:40-7:00
*Friday, May 28- Staff Picnic (details to come)
*Friday, May 28- Last Day of School 2020-21
Dear Parents, as we move into our last month of school WE want to focus on giving back! The counseling Program as well as Mrs. Hartman's TAG students are partnering together to help raise money for coins for Cancer Foundation who help children's families fund their treatment. You can help by sending Loose Change to your child's classroom and the top three classes will be winning prizes. The top learning class will receive a pizza party!
Thanks for letting your child be a part of something bigger to make a difference!
Here for you,
Check out the Partnership Place Parent Center
How Does the Partnership Place Parent Center Work?
- A teacher will fill a “prescription” out for your child with their need addressed (literacy/math and skill area)
- Find an activity or game you and your child would enjoy playing
- Take it to the Library to check out the item with Mrs. Stevens!
- You do NOT have to have a prescription to check out an item! Always feel free to take a look around, check out what you and your family would enjoy, and return for someone else to enjoy!
Principal: Amber Brantley
Assistant Principal: Nancy Redican
Counselor: Jordan Trexler
Secretary: Dianne Walls