Meg's Monthly Memo
December 2023 HSCL Bulletin for SCPS Families
Seasons Greetings from Meg
December is a fast and festive month here in St. Christopher's. Rehearsals are in full swing across the school and we have a jam packed calendar of concerts for you to see your little stars shine over the coming weeks. Be sure and double check the dates and times for your child's performance, you won't want to miss it! We will also be welcoming Santa Claus himself here to the school on Monday 11th for our Junior and Senior Infant Classes - Ho, Ho, Ho
And a huge shout out to all our families for sending in a Christmas shoebox for the Hope Shoebox Appeal. In total we collected 297 boxes this year which is fantastic.
So wishing you and all your loved ones, far and near a very Festive and Happy December.
We wish to thank our Parent's Association and all the volunteers who made this year's Christmas Fair such a success on Saturday. An awful lot of planning and organising goes on behind the scenes in advance of the fair, and of course the event couldn't occur without everyone who so kindly gave their time and energy on the day. Frances and Sharon are busy in the office counting the money raised and we will update you as soon as we have a final amount.
After School Activities 2024
Please see link below with information on all after school activities and clubs. Bookings must be made by clicking on the appropriate link in the newsletter.
Free Gaming Safety Talk for Parents
Children may receive gaming devices and consoles this coming season so now is a good time to talk about gaming and how to keep kids safe online while encouraging its benefits.
Date: Tuesday 5th December
Time: 7 pm
Where: Online talk followed by Q&A session
Register to attend: https://www.trendmicro.com/internet-safety/eventsie
Free Sessions for Parents focusing on RSE
The National Parents Council (NPC) is bringing back these interactive sessions just for you, focusing on Relationship and Sexuality Education (RSE). The first session, "Supporting your Child to build Healthy Friendships and Relationships," is designed to empower you in guiding your primary school children towards forming and maintaining healthy connections.
- Session 1 Topic: Supporting your Child to build Healthy Friendships and Relationships
- When: December 4th (Monday) - December 7th (Thursday), with an additional morning session on December 8th (Friday) at 10 am.
- Time: Morning (10 am) and Evening (7:30 pm) sessions available
- Where: Online via Zoom
Registration Link for Session 1: Register Now (Click here)
- Gain insights on supporting your child's journey in building and maintaining healthy relationships.
- Learn effective communication skills crucial for fostering strong connections.
- Discover strategies to navigate challenges in friendships.
Free Sessions: Supporting Your Child's Mental Health and Wellbeing in the Early Years
National Parents Council has developed a programme to support parents to support their young child’s positive mental health and wellbeing at home.
- When: Online sessions via Zoom, December 4th to December 8th. Choose your preferred time and date by clicking the registration link below
- Registration: Secure your spot by registering here https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Supporting_your_childs_Mental_Health_in_Early_Years
Some of the key elements of this programme are:
- Meeting your child’s needs- how everyday life can impact positively on your child’s mental health
- Coping when things don’t go your way! Helping your child understand and manage their emotions, dealing with challenges.
- Developing and nurturing your relationship with your child
Orchard Fostering Appeal
Orchard Fostering are appealing for anyone who has ever considered fostering or would like some information about becoming a foster carer to please reach out to them.
Currently there are less than 4,000 foster carers across Ireland with over 5,000 children in foster care and Orchard Fostering are appealing to schools and local communities to spread the word for the ongoing need for foster carers.
Foster care provides a safe, secure and stable home environment for the most vulnerable in our society and are a core part of ensuring children who need foster care are cared for in a loving, home environment.
Here are the links to their website, email and social media channels;
Please see attachment below for Information brochure with further details.
Final Report from the Board of Management 2023
Please click link below to access the final report from the Board of Management 2023. And the new board of Management commenced its term on December 1st.
November 2023 - Report from the Board of Management
Report from the Board of Management The final meeting of the 2019-2023 term of St. Christopher's Board of Management was held on Tuesday 21st November. At the meeting, the board discussed the draft report it received from the Inspectorate of the recent Whole School Evaluation and formulated ...
1. Last day of term 📆
Friday 22nd December 12 noon