Carver MS News
by Mr. Gosnell - OCTOBER
What, Why, & How
Why: To increase communication, awareness to the current topics in education, and to establish/generate a dialogue that facilitates growth and change.
How: A monthly email letter and CANVAS post.
Speech & Debate
1st competition = 1st win!! Great Job Coach Ashley Underwood and all the student participants!!
Greatest Staff Ever!! Great Job on ending the 1st Quarter, Keep it up!!
We had our Girls Choir sing the National Anthem at the 8th Grade Girls Championship Game! Great job ladies!!
Speech & Debate
Switched Chapter 1
- "Direct the Rider" (Your Rational Self) What looks like resistance is often a lack of clarity. So provide crystal-clear directions.
- "Motivate the Elephant" (Your Emotional and Instinctive Self) What looks like laziness is often exhaustion. It is critical that you engage people's emotional side.
- "Shape the Path" (Situation and Environment) What looks like a people problem is often a situation problem. When you shape the path you make change more likely, no matter what is happening with the Rider and Elephant.
To change behavior, you've got to direct the Rider, motivate the Elephant, and shape the Path.
Blended - Using Disruptive Innovation to Improve Schools (FOCUS Team)
Definition of Blended Learning:
- Any formal education program in which a student learns at least in part through online learning, with some element of student control over time, place, and/or pace.
- The student learns at least in part in a supervised brick-and-mortar location away from home.
- The modalities along each student's learning path within a course or subject are connected to provide an integrated learning experience.
More to come.