By Ariyah Tracy
Hi my name is Ariyah Tracy and I am going to be talking about my experiences with Track, explaining some of the main events, and just facts about track.
- In Track I am mostly a sprinter not so much a long distance runner.
- I'd have to say that the 4/2 is my best event.
- In the picture below it shows just a plain track.
- The track has 4 sides. Two straights and two curves..
- Each side is called a 100
- The track is very simple you'll learn it very quickly.
- Track and field-style events are among the oldest of all sporting competitions, as running, jumping and throwing are natural and universal forms of human physical expression.
- . The first recorded examples of organized track and field events at sports festivals are the Ancient Olympic Games. At the first Games in 776 BC in Olympia Greece, only one event was contested: the station footrace.
- Track and field events were also present at the Panhellenic Games, in Greece around this period, and they spread to Rome in Italy around 200 BC
- In 1865, Dr William Penny Brookes of Wenlock helped set up the National Olympic Association , which held their first Olympian Games in 1866 at The Crystal Palace in London. This national event was a great success, attracting a crowd of over ten thousand people
You need to know the basics on learning track so here are a few thinks that you may need to know in order to know Track.
- There are Relay races that have 4 people on a team, and usually the two fastest people should be in the front or in the back.
- But the fastest runner is called the "Anchor" which always should be the last runner in a relay race, so if the other people on your team were slower at the end you could try to ketch up to the other components.
- You will have a "Baton. A "Baton" is a short stick or tube passed from runner to runner in a relay race.
- So the first person will run with the Baton for however long they are suppose to run then when they are coming up to the second person they hand it to them. All the way to the last person.
- 100 Meter Dash
- 200 MD
You don't only need to run those but you can hurdle as well and do things like long-distance 1 mile run ect.