SPS Board Highlights
April 5. 2021
Superintendent and Central Office Reports
Allyson Cleveland, director of academic services and programs, gave a brief presentation about special services, including number of staff and number of students served.
Board Clerk April Stobbe invited everyone to drop by Project Graduation on May 17th from 11 p.m. until 3 a.m. to congratulate the graduates.
Keith Sandlin shared the Shawnee Educational Foundation awarded former SPS administrator James Taffee for Excellence in Education and Community. Mr. Taffee's wife, June, will accept his posthumous award at the SEF banquet on April 15th.
- all consent docket items;
- the Procurement Plan for Child Nutrition Programs;
- the solicitation of bids for the purchase of a new intercom system at SHS with Pottawatomie County sales tax funds;
- a Resolution determining the maturities of, and setting a date, time and place for the sale of $6,300,000 Taxable Building Bonds. The sale will be at noon on May 14th in the SPS board room;
- a Resolution giving Dr. Grace and the district's legal counsel authority to move forward, if deemed necessary, regarding a response to the State Board of Education's vote on March 25, 2021, dealing with charter school funding;
- hiring Dr. Aaron Espolt as the CFO/Assistant Superintendent for the 2021-2022 academic year. Dr. Espolt has experience as a school administrator and has most recently served as the executive director of school design and innovation at the Oklahoma State Department of Education;
- all certified and support personnel as presented.