Culver Elementary September 2018
---------From the Desk of Mrs. Proskey---------
Special Meetings/ Activities/ Dates
- Labor Day- No School
- eLearning Day- No School
- 5:30pm PTO Meet, Greet & Craft Night @ The Studio (Downtown Culver)
- ALL eLearning Assignments DUE or Marked absent (UNEXCUSED) on Sept. 4th
- Picture Day
- 3rd grade to Plymouth for AG Day
- 1st Grade Trip to Apple Orchard
- John R. Nelson Annual Golf Outing (See HS for more information)
- 7:00pm Board Meeting
Tuesday, September 18th
- 11:00 SOTM in the Park/Provided by Subway
- 4:00-7:00pm Open House (Showcase our School)
- 6:00 pm Title I Parent Meeting
- 6:00pm PTO Meeting @ Admin Building
- Kindergarten & 1st grade trip to Ancilla "Walk into My Future"
- Homecoming "SPIRIT" Week-Details TBA
- Corporation Pep Rally @ CCMHS
- Fun and Fitness Fundraiser Due
- September Boxtops Due
- PTO Silent Auction @ Homecoming Football Game from 6:00-8:00pm
By pressing this button, you can view the official Culver Elementary School Webpage, where you can view official documents (the breakfast & lunch menu) and links to the Middle School and High School.
1. Each week has to be paid in advance. For example, the week of August sixth must already be paid prior to the student being picked up on Tuesday. (The Deposit Fee was not the first weeks payment)
2. When your child boards the bus, an adult/parent must be there to buckle them in.
3. If your child is allergic to any of the lunches that we are serving, please let the teacher know, and have your child bring his/her lunch for that day.
4. CBGC WILL NOT be able to take students under the age of 5. Once your child is 5 they will be able to attend CBGC.
5. We are now accepting CCDF Vouchers. Please go to mybrightpoint.org to apply.
Click on this button if you wish to access your Family Access Harmony Page to view your child's grades/ lunch account/ book rental fees, etc.
Weather Alerts and Notifications/ Notifying the Office when your Child is Sick
- Please make sure that your child leaves the house appropriately dressed for the weather. We still go outside for recess even when it is pretty chilly outside.
- Do not drop your children off at the front door prior to 7:30. The doors do not get unlocked until the assistant gets there at 7:30.
- If the weather looks like it may be too treacherous for school, please check WNDU, WSBT, or FOX22 for closings or school delays. WROI and WXVI will also be informed of closings and delays. You may also check Culver Elementary's Facebook Page. www.facebook.com/culver.elementary.school (go to the link on this page and "like" our page).
- If your child is absent please call Yvonne Shepherd at 574-842-3389 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Also remember if your child has a fever, they have to be 24 hours fever free before they come back to school. You never know when that fever may spike back up!
Culver Communtity Schools Corporation Mission Statement
Culver Community Schools Corporation Vision Statement
Culver Community Schools Corporation Belief Statements
- We believe students, with support from community, family, and educators, will rise to the level of expectations.
- We believe a well-rounded education at CCSC will foster emotional and intellectual development along with respectful, pro-active communication, in a positive, nurturing, learning environment.
- We believe that every student at CCSC is a potential leader given proper mentoring.
- We believe the definition of success is unique to every student.