Elmonica Newsletter - Boletín
February 26, 2021
انقر للترجمة (Arabic), ចុចដើម្បីបកប្រែ (Cambodian / Khmer), 點擊翻譯 (Cantonese), ભાષાંતર કરવા માટે ક્લિક કરો (Gujarati), अनुवाद करने के लिए क्लिक करें (Hindi), クリックして翻訳 (Japanese), ಅನುವಾದಿಸಲು ಕ್ಲಿಕ್ ಮಾಡಿ (Kannada), Guji si aad u turjunto (Maay), വിവർത്തനം ചെയ്യാൻ ക്ലിക്കുചെയ്യുക (Malayalam), भाषांतर करण्यासाठी क्लिक करा (Marathi ), Нажмите, чтобы перевести (Russian), Haga clic para traducir (Spanish), மொழிபெயர்க்க கிளிக் செய்க (Tamil ), అనువదించడానికి క్లిక్ చేయండి (Telugu ), Bấm để dịch (Vietnamese)
Dear Elmonics Families,
We are looking forward to all students who are planning to return for In-Person Hybrid instruction. We are finalizing all plans on how students arrive at the building and move safely through the building. In addition, our school district will be releasing a video soon to give your family an idea of what a school day will look like with social distancing.
Some plans that are known:
- Student arrival and dismissal will be done from their classroom outside access door.
- All students will have a visual wellness check at the outside door and given hand sanitizer.
- All students will have a new water bottle to refill daily and leave at school.
- Save a shoebox to send in that will hold school supplies.
- Meals and snacks will be distributed at the end of the school day and sent home with students.
- Students will not be eating food at school.
- We will have a supervised isolation room for students who have Covid symptoms.
- Students will have movement breaks in class, but we will not have outside recess.
Multiple informational emails will be sent home from the Beaverton School District today and next Monday with dates, timelines, and information about the in-person hybrid learning. Please read the information carefully.
Calendar / Monthly Theme
Monday, March 1
Tuesday, March 2
10:15 - 11:00 5th Grade Fly Up/Forecasting
11:00-12:00 School Lunch Pick-up
Wednesday, March 3
Thursday, March 4
11:00-12:00 School Lunch Pick-up
Friday, March 5
Elmonica Spirit Day
March Word of the Month is ANTI-Racism
Continuing our work from February, we will still work on actions and how we can demonstrate anti-racism.
Kindergarten registration for the 2021-22 school year is now open! Watch this helpful video to learn why it's important to register early and how to start the process.
¡Las inscripciones de Kindergarten para el año escolar 2021-2022 están abiertas ahora! Vea este video informativo de como iniciar el proceso y la importancia de matricularse temprano.
New Family Orientation Presentation for the 2021-2022 School Year
Applications are ONLINE and due MARCH 12, 2021! Please click for more information, videos, and brochures.
Most families have opted into paying the Beaverton School District’s Student Device Damage and Loss Protection program but have not yet paid the $20 fee. Please pay this fee as soon as possible, as we rely on this money to repair and replace student devices.
The fee is waived for families who qualify for the free or reduced meal benefits program and have completed the Permission to Share Form. If this applies to you, please complete this form.
The Online Payment system and information about using it can be found here: https://www.beaverton.k12.or.us/departments/business-services/online-payment-system
More information about the Damage and Loss Protection Program, including what it covers, can be found on the Student Device Resources page on the BSD website.
Share your Elmonica child's photos with teachers, staff and others in our community! We will happily share our students photos on Elmonica's Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram.
The Beaverton School District has launched a library of resources and on-demand videos to support families during Comprehensive Distance Learning (CDL). You can find short webinars about Canvas, SeeSaw, Dreambox, and much more.
The mission of Elmonica Elementary is that together we promote high standards by:
· Practicing critical thinking skills through inquiry.
· Acquiring in-depth knowledge of globally significant ideas.
· Appreciating the unique qualities of each person, creating empathy, compassion, and international-mindedness.