Genetic Technology Project
- Couples with a family history of certain genetic diseases may now be able to ensure that their children will not inherit those disease related genes even before pregnancy begins.
- Doctors can use the PGD technique to test an IVF embryo's DNA to identify mutations that can lead to birth defects and more than 300 diseases including sickle cell anemia, cystic fibrosis, and some cancers
- While all humans share almost all the same genes very subtle differences in the sequence of the genes’ chemical bases help make each individual unique.
- Genetic technology now allows us to test for specific differences that scientists have determined to be associated with specific conditions.
If you have Genetic diagnosis I would get tested because you know it runs in your blood and you could die. You would also would know if you should get the decision out of you egg before having a kid . You would have to make a big decision. If you didn’t know you wouldn’t be worried about it. It would also no make you rush into things that you are not sure about . I think some of the cost are too high because some people can’t pay that much money on the medicine and surgery that they need to save there live. Money is the main thing you need when your sick and some people don’t have the best jobs
- A person's genome is like an inventory a complete set of his or her DNA, including all of the genes.
- Knowing how to use our genomes to predict diseases and develop treatments is no longer reserved for science fiction.
- While inventories are remarkably similar from person to person, it’s the slight variations that make each of us unique.