APEX WEEKLY UPDATE
For the Week Starting December 3rd 2012
Who is emailing me?!
I am a practicing attorney, I have worked in non-profit development as the Diversity Coordinator at the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association where I lead major gifts and diversity programming, additionally I have lead fundraising efforts for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Relay for Life, and other major non-profits. Myself, Mr. Moore, and Jonathan Mayo who also sits on the Board of Directors are working with the APEX Cornerstone Council and have come up with some really dynamic programming for 2013 and I can't wait to get the ball rolling here at the APEX.
I look forward to working with everyone and am glad to be on board!
- The Coming Week at the APEX (tours, meetings, in house business,etc)
- The Weeks Ahead at the APEX (again events, tours, meetings ,etc)
- Action Items (Things We Are Working on and Opportunities for Volunteers)
My Goal will be to send one out each Monday. So if you have something that needs to be included please see me or email me and I'll ensure it is included!
- 2013 APEX Calendar of Events - The Cornerstone Council met and proposed events for 2013 up to September
- Auburn Ave Stakeholders Mtg - Local businesses and stakeholders met to discuss the revitalization of the Avenue. A name for the group was created and a mission statement was chosen
- Atlanta Cares - Atlanta Cares will host its monthly meeting at the APEX Thursday
- Power2Give- The APEX was chosen for a grant matching program by the city and the project to raise funds for a travelling exhibit was posted on the site for donations: HERE
- Kwanzaa Promotions Start- Aysha made a great flyer for the upcoming Kwanzaa event and we will start promoting using it Wednesday as well as a html email for mass distribution.
- APEX Logo - Aysha is working on updating the logo to maintain its integrity while modernizing it to keep in line with our forward movement. If you have suggestions definitely please see Aysha!
- Christmas Fundraising - I will forward each of you an email with the subject "Please Include the APEX in your Christmas Giving" please forward to your contacts. If you've already done so thanks a mil!!
- Kwanzaa- This is a free event but a HUGE opportunity to push memberships. Jasmine is working on creating a membership brochure and to have ready for the event and it would be great if everyone made a goal to get 3 people to sign up for memberships over the course of the evening.
- Inauguration Brunch & Women's History Fundraising Dinner - I am in the beginning stages of planning for these events. ANYONE who is interested in lending a hand please let me know!
The Weeks Ahead
- Kwanzaa - December 31 from 6pm to 8pm
- Blacks in Georgia Politics Opening - January 21, 2013
- Inauguration Brunch- January 21, 2013
- MLK Day - January 21 2013
- Black Film Festival - February 2, 9, 16, and 23 2013
- Civil Rights in Art - February 5 - March 2, 2013
- Black on Black Rhyme Spoken Word Poetry Workshop - February 9 and 23, 2013