Welcome to the DUNLAP GRADE SCHOOL’S Friday Focus
on the docket
- Lunch: Cheese Burger
- 5th Grade Field Trip to Springfield
- Box Tops Due
- DVMS Music Assembly 1:30pm
- Lunch: Chicken Nuggets
- 2nd Grade Field Trip to Linden Hill Farm
- Mrs. Martin will be displaying a variety of invertebrate for classrooms to visit. You can visit her in the gym any time after 9am up until lunch.
- 3pm JP team meeting
- Board of Education Meeting 7pm DHS
- Lunch: Grilled Turkey Burger
- 2:15pm PLC Dismissal
- Lunch: Hot Dog
- DGS Laps for Life (Packets are also due)
- 5th Grade Rocket Launch at 9:30am on the baseball fields. Parents are invited to attend
- Lunch: Cheese Pizza
- Kindergarten Field Trip
- 1st Grade Field Trip
- 2nd-5th Grade Awards Ceremony 9am. Parents are invited to attend
- 5th Grade Party
- St. Jude Fundraiser 5pm-8pm
Monday, May 23, 2016
- Lunch: Sub Sandwich
- Last Day of School!
- Dismissal at 1pm
Photo of the Week
Our fifth grade students reflected on their favorite memories at DGS. You can view their video below!
I will also print off STAR Parent reports for you to send home with Report Cards.
Don't forget to also complete PERM cards. Ask Lisa for more information if you have questions!
End of Year Details
- Please remember to complete your end of the year checklists and schedule a time to meet with me to check out. I'd like to sit with each of you for 10-15 minutes
- If you have an assigned key, you will need to bring it to the check out. The district office would like to account for all keys and I will check off that you have yours.
- 1st-5th grade teachers will need to complete textbook inventory on the intranet.
- You all know your contract work hours for the final days of school. That being said, I will not be watching the doors. Please ensure you have all items in your classroom completed and you meet with me before you leave.
Laps for Life Details
- If you have a St. Jude shirt, please consider wearing it!
- PE teachers will be responsible for coverage of the classes that they have during their typical times so that classroom teachers can maintain their plan times. Classroom teachers should be with their classes for the remaining 50 minutes of the event time. For example, Mr. Carter will be supervising 3rd grade from 7:50-8:15am during their regular PE time. After that, classroom teachers will join their classes for the remaining two sessions.
- PE teachers will supervise the Laps/Walk
Used School Supplies and Classroom Materials
As you clean out your rooms, note that there is a table in the work room for classroom supplies and materials. Feel free to discard your items here. Anything on this table will be up for grabs for other staff members to use!
I also ask that you consider dressing up for the occasion in lieu of wearing jeans. Many of you will be assisting in presenting the awards. Thank you!
2016-2017 Staff Shirts
As we wrap up this year, it is hard to believe we are already planning for 2016-2017. I’d like to collect sizes for staff shirts before you leave for the summer. Please go to https://www.customink.com/g/xsd0-00aj-n1sm and check your size and color preference. You don’t need to make any payment. These shirts will be covered from Activity Money.
I will close this on May 24th, so please go in and indicate your preferences!
Let me know if you have questions!