Weekly News & Notes - April 22nd - 26th
Upcoming Events . . .
April 1st - 29th:
April 23rd - 24th:
- Science PSSA - 4th Grade
- Reading Olympics - Mill Creek Elementary School @ 5:30 PM
- Art Scholarship T-shirt Orders Due
- Reading Olympics Breakfast - Titus Library @ 7:45 AM
- 3rd grade Field Trip - DaVinci Center
- Titus Elementary - Walk for American Cancer Society @ 2:00 PM
- Kindergarten (AM & PM) - Academy of Natural Science Presentation at Titus
April 29th - June 10th:
- Young Rembrandts' Drawing Classes - Registration Required
- 2nd grade (Gaul & Schorpp) Field Trip - Graeme Park
- Talent Show Auditions/Grades 1- 3 - 3:30 PM - 4:40 PM
- 2nd grade (Brennan & Nero) Field Trip - Graeme Park
- Talent Show Auditions/Grades 4 - 6 - 3:30 PM - 4:40 PM
- 6th grade - PEN Field Trip/Law Day
Change is Good . . .
As the year begins to wind down, I wanted to provide some preliminary information regarding some changes to several year-end events/happenings.
Move-up Day – June 6th
- Students will “move-up” to their teacher for the 2013-2014 school year.
- They will know their teacher and classmates for next year.
Field Day – June 7th
- We will have an opening & closing ceremony for the students.
- Students will be asked to dress in team colors.
- Teams will be decided by May 17th (at the latest).
Sixth-grade End of Year Events (information to follow on 4.19.13)
- Grade-level kickball game will be held on the afternoon of June 18th.
- A celebration of friends and accomplishments during promotion on the evening of June18th
- Students will wear student-designed t-shirts for the event.
- There will be a year-end breakfast the morning of June 19th- music, breakfast, yearbooks, and a special surprise!
Kindergarten Kick-Off – August 28th
- We are combining Kindergarten orientation, Kindergarten open house & “Back To School Night” into one event – AM students/families @ 1:00 – 3:15 & PM students/families @ 2:15 – 4:30.
Summer Library Hours
- In lieu of the "traditional" summer reading program, the Titus Library will be open Tuesday – Thursday beginning the week of July 8th through the middle of August.
Note: Additional information will be available as dates/times approach.
PSSA . . . Last One!
Pennsylvania’s State Assessment System measures the academic performance of students using the Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA) at the elementary level. All students are included in this testing, with exclusions for only a very few students. The PSSA assessment provides schools with valuable information about student achievement and program quality.
This year the testing will occur during the following testing windows.
- Science: Grade 4 - April 23rd & 24th
Please see the Information for Parents posted on the Parent Resources section of the Central Bucks website. Detailed information about each test and overall testing procedures, as well as specific information regarding the cell phone ban during testing is available through the links provided.
Parents can help by encouraging their children to take these tests seriously. It is also important to make sure that children get plenty of rest during the testing weeks and have a healthy breakfast. As always, we ask your support in helping your child do his/her best on these tests. Should you have any questions about the testing, do not hesitate to contact me.
Walk For A Cause . . .
Help Wanted . . .
Home & School Association:
Spring Has Sprung . . .
Guys & Dolls . . .
Home & School would like to thank everyone who made the Guys & Dolls Dance such a huge success. We had 212 beautiful young ladies and 180 super dads enjoy a night of snacks, music and smiles. For a look back at a wonderful event check out the photo story on the Home & School Website.
We would like to give a special thank you to the businesses who provided prizes for the event - Hair Cuttery, Polished Nails, The Uncorked Artist & Stars Salon.
We would also like to congratulate all the winners - Hope Rumford, Victoria Azzara, Abby Cox, Amelia Yaworski, Olivia Brittin & Gianna Kramer.