TELPAS Training Information
CAMPUS COORDINATOR INFORMATION:
- Verifiy years in US school for each student.
- Use the checklist to ensure you have completed all required tasks.
- Set up training for Principal, Raters, Verifiers, and Test Administrators (please send me dates)
- Print and get oaths signed by all the above (Oaths can be found in Appendix B of your DCCM)
- Verifier training is optional but recommended.
- Looking for Administrative Training Procedures? TEA provides information on pg. 16 of the District Campus Coordinator Manual or the following training PowerPoint (choose 2015-2016 Holistic Rating Training Requirements):
- Must have the student in class
- Know the student's ability in English language ( both instructional and informal)
- Valid teaching certificate
- Be trained in the Admistrative Procedures, Test Security, Online Training, and successful callibration training
- Rate the student in all domains
- Do NOT have to be ESL Certified
NEW TRAINING MODULES REQUIRED FOR THE FOLLOWING RATERS (Does not have to be monitored):
- Are brand new raters (never received training)
- Have not callibrated in the past three (3) years
- Have not callibrated for the grade clusters they are assigned
REQUIRED TRAINING FOR NEW AND RETURNING RATERS:
- Holistic Training (required for DTCs and CTCs)-- see above
- Test Security-- available on TEA's website
- Read through Rater Manual
- Onine Practice Modules (after training and signed oath)
SETTING UP ACCOUNT IN THE ONLINE SYSTEM:
- This can only be done after training and an oath has been signed.
- They must contact the DTC for the keyword to set up their new account.
- Must be monitored ( I will be the session proctor)
- All training and oaths must be signed
- Raters should practice online before coming to callibration
- Raters should bring the rater manual and PLDs.
- They may not write in manuals or on PLDs during the callibration-- only scratch paper
- All notes must be destroyed after callibration
- Raters will callibrate in the grade cluster in which they have the most students
- If they pass Set 1, they are done. If not, they will complete Set 2.
- They must print certificates before signing out.
- They must review callibration results and annotations prior to logging out of the session.
- Passcode for callibration is required. Only DTCs have access to this information.
TELPAS Livebinder from Region VII:
Access Key: esc7
- Shared Time charts
- What should we do that is consistent from campus to campus?
- Please send me your training dates
- I will stop by and give a little speech as well if I can fit it in my schedule.
Oral Test Administrators
- Please make sure that you train a couple of extra TAs on oral administration.
General Security Training PowerPoint
- Shared PowerPoint
- Principals, APs, Counselors, Head Custodian, Nurse, Tech Staff (I will do Tech), Hall and Bathroom monitors, and anyone else who may have to step into a classroom.
- All non-testing staff need to sign an Oath ( I have one from SAISD).
STAAR Alt 2
- All students have been enrolled, registered and assigned to a test.
- Please send me a list of their accommodations as soon as you have time to do so.
- Training for all TAs and Paras who may be in the testing room ( I need these dates as well).
- Training ( send me dates)
- Tutorials (all teachers and students need to practice-- coming soon)
- Testing Environments/Technology
- Train the Test Administrator (send me dates)
- Obtain signed oath
- TA and student will need to complete online tutorials prior to testing.
For students who are in their 1st year of school in a US school, on the day of testing, if it is in their best interest to NOT take the test you can make that determination. The student will submit the test for scoring without completing it. It will be scored; however, it will NOT count against the campus or district's accountability.