Lincoln Family Newsletter
Mission, Vision and Values
Our BPS Mission: "Empower every learner to thrive."
Our BPS Vision: "Together, our strong relationships build inclusive, collaborative, and innovative environments that create agency and inspire a passion for learning, excellence, and discovery."Our BPS Values: Inclusion, Excellence, Innovation and Leadership
Message From Mrs. Hurt
The past week and a half was the MOST exciting and incredible back to school I have ever had the privilege to be a part of. Last week, our staff came the first three days to learn and prepare for your children. THIS STAFF is nothing shy of phenomenal. Our Lincoln Lightning students are so blessed to have such an amazing group of teachers to learn and grow with.
The first day of school brought and continues to bring such a smile to my face. How much fun was that?! The smiles on the faces of students, parents and teachers were priceless. There were a few students who were a little warry, but that is to be expected. As the day went on, those students were excited and were ready to come back for day two.
And here we are at day seven of the 2023-2024 school year. It is going to fly by. Thank you families. It is an honor and a privilege to serve you and your beautiful children at Lincoln Elementary School.
Order your Lightning gear from now until September 7th (11:59 p.m.) Click HERE to order.
● 10% of sales will be given back to Lincoln Elementary!
● The order is scheduled to arrive in early October!
● An email will come out with specific information after September 30th!
● After you place an order, you will receive a receipt.
● Please confirm you have received this receipt to ensure your order is placed.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Twila: email@example.com
Lightning Spirit Week
Lincoln After School Art Club
- Teachers will escort their entire class to the designated area per their way home.
- We will stagger dismissal. The younger classes in each wing will leave at 3:02 and the older classes at 3:05.
- Students getting picked up, walking or riding bike will exit out door 1. If you are picking them up at a meeting spot, students will use the sidewalks to meet you at your location.
- Students riding the bus will be escorted to and marshalled in the gym and guided to their bus to be checked off by our supervisors.
- Students going to CREA will be escorted to the cafeteria where they will be greeted by CREA staff.
Please make sure your teachers know the plan for end of day method for getting home. If your normal method changes, please contact the office and the teacher and your student will be notified.
Please do NOT park in the bus loading parking lot on the East side of the building.
Students are not allowed to play on the playground without supervision after school (please remind them to get to their destination).
GROWING CLASSROOM COMMUNITIES
At the beginning of the school year, we are working on helping students build their classroom communities and embracing our Lincoln Beliefs of being Respectful, Responsible, Safe and Kind. Throughout the year, we utilize Second Step as our curriculum for social and emotional learning. Social and emotional learning (SEL) is the process through which students acquire and effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions.
Family Literacy Practices
Important Upcoming Dates
4 - NO SCHOOL (Labor Day)
5 - Lighting Day (Wear your Lightning gear or blue)
5 - PTO Meeting (6:30 - 7:30)
6 - School Picture Day
6 - Dress to Impress Day (Wear your best picture day outfit)
7 - Hat Day (Wear your favorite hat)
8 - Demon Day (Wear your Demon gear or maroon)
8 - Demon Homecoming Game (Demons vs. Davies) 7:00 - Community Bowl
25 - NO SCHOOL (Staff Development Day)
3 - PTO Meeting (6:30 - 7:30)
19 & 20 - NO SCHOOL (Administrator's Conference)
24 - School Picture Makeup Day
28 - Trunk or Treat
Location: 3320 McCurry Way, Lincoln, ND, USA
Any third party non-school district events in this newsletter
are not sponsored/endorsed by Bismarck Public Schools.