Effects of Alcohol By: Tiffany Welch
Drinking after a long period of time or just a single occasion can have a major affect on your body. Here is how is Alcohol ca affect your body.
- Your Brain: Alcohol interferes with the brains communications pathways. it changes your mood, behavior, and how you think.
- Your Heart: After drinking over a period of time it can cause you to get Cardiomypothy, Arrhythmais, stroke, and High blood pressure.
- Your Liver: After a period of time your liver will eventually fail to work correctly or at all!
- Your Pancreas: Alcohol causes the pancreas to produce toxic substances that can that can eventually lead to pancreatitis.
- Cancer: By drinking too much alcohol over time it increases your risk of getting the following cancers: mouth, esophagus, throat, liver, and breast cancer.
Effects on a woman who is pregnant and drinking.
If a woman drinks alcohol while she is pregnant can and will harm her developing baby fetus. Alcohol can go from her blood to the baby's blood and harm the baby's cells. Brain and spinal cells are most likely to have major damage. The pregnant woman can get FASD. (fetal alcohol spectrum disorder)
Effects on the Body.
How alcohol effects each part of the body.
Percentage of drinking
Effects on the baby from drinking alcohol during the pregnancy.
Don't drink and drive!
Driving while drunk or intoxicated is not only dangerous to your life but to the other passengers and drivers on the road. The problem with drunk driving is every single injury, accident, or fatality caused by drunk driving is 100% preventable but it happens everyday. Driving while drunk impairs your reaction time, judgement, and your visual motor skills.