Crossroads Middle School
Happy Start of December.....
Hello, Crossroads families! Happy December! Next week is jam packed with all sorts of different activities from the Mobile Dentist visit to Band Cookie Dough pickup to talent show audition sheets being due. It isn't too late to sign up to see our Mobile Dentist next week on Tuesday, December 5th. If you'd like your child to see our dentist here at school, please click this link:
https://www.myschooldentist.com/CMNPMI_schsrm The visit is quick and is done right here during the school day.
Our lost and found is OvERfLOwinG! Please have your child take a peek if he/she is missing something. Our lost and found will be bagged up and donated next week on Thursday, December 7th. Thursday we also wrap up our week with our dance/open gym from 3:00-5:00. The cost is $5 at the door and pizza, pop and concessions can be purchased at an additional cost. We hope to see many of our students there! Remember this is only for Crossroads students! Enjoy your chilly weekend!
Lindsey and Jerry
Next Week at a Glance....
Monday, December 4
- Green Team meets in Mrs. Krueger's room; 2:30-3:45
- 7A Boys basketball vs. East Rockford @ home; 4 pm
- 8A Boys basketball @ East Rockford; 4 pm
- 7B Boys basketball vs. East Rockford @ home; 5:15 pm
- 8B Boys basketball @ East Rockford; 5:15 pm
Tuesday, December 5
- Mobile Dentist visits CR
- After School Help; 2:30-3:45
- Crossroads Holiday Band Concert 7:30 pm
Wednesday, December 6
- Talent Show Audition Sheets Due
- Band Cookie Dough pick in CR Band Room; 1-5:30 pm
- Girls swim and dive @ Grand Haven High School; 4 pm
- 7B Boys basketball vs. Cedar Springs @ home; 4 pm
- 8B Boys basketball @ Cedar Springs; 4 pm
- 7A Boys basketball vs. Cedar Springs @ home; 5:15 pm
- 8A Boys basketball vs. Cedar Springs @ home; 5:15 pm
Thursday, December 7
- ALL ITEMS IN LOST AND FOUND WILL BE DONATED TODAY
- NJHS Monthly Meeting 7 am IMC
- NO AFTER SCHOOL HELP TODAY
- Crossroads Dance/Open Gym; 3-5 pm - Cost $5 at the door with pizza, pop and concessions available at an additional expense
- Girls competitive cheer league meet @ Mona Shores; 6 pm
Friday, December 8
- NO SCHOOL for STUDENTS (Staff PD Day)
Saturday, December 9
- Girls competitive cheer invitational @ Jenison High School
Important Upcoming Dates
- Dec 11 Talent Show Auditions
- Dec 11 PTC Jets Pizza Fundraiser
- Dec 11-19 Holiday Candy Grams and More Fundraiser at Lunches
- Dec 14 Tabletop Gaming Club after School
- Dec 15 Last Day for NJHS Food Drive
- Dec 18 - Dec 22 Spirit Week
- Dec 22 Templar Team Zero Free Day
- Dec 22 End of Quarter 2/Semester 1
- Dec 25 Winter Break Begins
- Jan 8 School Resumes
- Jan 8 - 12 J Term Week
- Jan 11 NJHS Monthly Meeting 7 am
- Jan 12 Reverse Job Shadow Day
- Jan 12 Talent Show
- Jan 15 MLK Day - NO SCHOOL Students and Staff
- Jan 16 Start of Semester 2
- Jan 18 School Spelling Bee
- Jan 25 Crossroads PTC Meeting 7 pm
Toys for Tots
Crossroads Middle School is taking part in the Toys for Tots School Spirit Challenge! Please send in new, unwrapped toys for a child of any age 1-16. All toys go back to kids in our community!
We will begin collecting toys Monday, November 27 - December 12. Students should bring the new, unwrapped gifts to their seminar class and Student Council will collect them each day. Let’s help support our community!
Strive for Five 2.0
Every Day Counts! Students who miss school, miss out. Strive for Less than 5 days absent this school year!
The Kent ISD's 'Strive for Less Than 5' campaign is aimed at helping students and the community succeed by reducing chronic absenteeism. The campaign engages students from pre-K - 12th grade and their parents to commit to the first step in school success - regular attendance.
To view the Kent ISD Strive for Five PSA click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTXR5XvGKcc
Crossroads Talent Show
The Crossroads Talent Show will take place on Friday, January 12. Students interested in participating in the show will need to complete an audition sheet. Audition Sheets can be picked up in the main office and are due to Mr. Otten by Wednesday, December 6. The auditions will take place during first hour at school on December 11.
The Mobile Dentist is Coming!
The Dentist is coming to Crossroads! Get in-school dental care at school! More information on this program can be found by signing up online at:
Families can obtain more information in the main office or by emailing Mrs. Swayze in the main office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tabletop Gaming Club
Green Team Club
Stay up to date with Moxie! Follow her at: moxie_goes_to_middle_school on Instagram
Notes from the School Nurse
Please keep your student home if they are not feeling well with or without a fever (100.4F). Encourage good hygiene. This includes hand washing after toileting and before eating, shower or bath frequently using soap, launder clothes often (don’t forget the outerwear: coats, hats, mittens, scarves, etc), and check your student’s hair for nits and lice daily. Together we can keep the students healthy at school and home.
The Kent County Health Department is responsible for continually assessing the health of the community. You can visit the department's website for important updates and tips at www.accesskent.com/Health/
Periodically, we will attach public fact sheets that families may find helpful.
Heidi Camp, RN
NVPS District Nurse
Winter 1 Sports have begun! For Information, Schedules and Locations of Crossroads Athletic Contests and Events - please click on the Wildcat N Logo or visit the following webpage:
Winter 2 Sports will begin after the New Year
- Winter 2 Sports offered through Crossroads include Wrestling, Boys Swim and Girls Basketball
- Signups will be held during lunches in mid-December
- All athletes MUST have a sports physical on file with the main office. Physicals MUST be dated on/after April 15, 2023.
- All athletes MUST complete the Athlete Travel Release/Consent Form AND the Student Athlete Attendance form found at the Red Button links below.
Join the Crossroads PTC! Help make a difference at Crossroads Middle School! Contact the PTC if you would like to find out more information.
The next PTC meeting is scheduled for January 25 in the Crossroads IMC (library) at 7 pm. Please join us!
Email - email@example.com
Facebook - Northview Crossroads Middle School PTC