Friday News Roundup
Mrs. Morey's Second Grade Classroom
Week of 4/29/16
Dates & Reminders
- 5/2 State Testing Begins
- 5/6 Spirit Day - Soccer Jersey
- 5/6 Class Placement forms sent home
- 5/9 No School - Professional Development Day - Camp Offered
- 5/10 Star Student - Matthew
- 5/13 Class Placement forms due
- 5/13 Northwest Trek Field Trip (8:30 - 4:00)
- 5/16 Star Student - Anton
- 5/20 Spirit Day - Twinning
- 5/27 Spirit Day - Red, White & Blue
- 5/30 Memorial Day - no school
- 5/31 Star Student - Hajar
- 6/3 Farmer's Market 12:00 - 2:00
- 6/6 Star Student - Aanand
- 6/10 Spirit Day - Team Sports
Poetry in the Garden
What did we learn this week?
Math: Students learned about the properties of two-dimensional and three-dimensional figures, different types of angles, and the basics of multiplication.
Social Studies: Students created a mural for their radio station community and finished an announcement for the new station.
Science: Students learned natural resources, specifically the role of water in our world.
Literacy: Students read and wrote diamante, haiku, and free verse poetry.
Writing: Students finished publishing their book nomination.
Radio Station Announcements
Math: Students will finish up the unit on 2D and 3D figures.
Social Studies: Students will learn about the roles in a radio station and write a job announcement.
Science: Students will begin a new unit learning about insect life cycles.
Literacy: Students will read and compare poetry. Students will design their poetry books.
Writing: Students will use their writing time to complete the poetry unit.