A Peek at the Week
Mrs. Leitzel's Class, 3-9-15
Our class is on a roll! We are happy to be the Box Top/Labels for Education winner for last month and March is Reading Month Trophy winner for last week! Remember to turn in at least 1 reading ticket by Friday.
- Word Study: popcorn words, Words Their Way, & weekly word study routine
- Writer's Workshop: draft a book review
- Read Aloud: pirate books, wondering about nonfiction
- Reader's Workshop: author's message, problem solve words using these strategies: pictures, glossary, chunks, and context clues
- Math Workshop: Expanded Method and Ungroup First Method for subtraction, subtract from 200
- Science: mixing and separating solids and liquids
Mega Math: Country Countdown: Block Busters, Level R
- Wednesday: Late Start, library books due
- Friday: word study & popcorn test, word study homework due
- Friday: Wild Swan Presentation permission slip and check due
- Look for math homework this week! Watch the videos on my blog so you can help your child use the methods taught in class.